WHO's IN CHARGE AT DIRECTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

redbandit12

Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
:mad:this thing is junk i'ved had it 3 months 3 service calls 3 recivers and many many phone calls to them and and it still doesn't work i have to restart just about everyday and some days more then once. who can i call? where can i get help? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: they want to charge me for service like this i don't think so:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well, perhaps a little more info as to the problems you're having and we may be able to help.

If the problems you describe are on your account, when you call ask for a supervisor, they will see what has gone on and help. You may be reaching the point at which it is cheaper for them to part ways with you versus continuing to try to fix whatever the problem is - if you've had 3 service calls in 3 months.

DR. John Malone and Liberty Media own Directv, Chase Carey is in charge of day to day operations of Directv. That would be the answer to the question YOU ASKED. But that isn't what you really want to know.

Calm down and start at the begining. What do you have for equipment and what are you having for problems beside rebooting.

the thing locks up won't record. sometimes when i turn it on there is no pic for 5 to 10 minuets. won't do the 30 second skip. it's pixulated no sound sometimes . sometimes it takes a few minuets for the guide or any menu to work. it was reset 2x last night. the tech have told me there is a problem with the speed channel that cause this and there are lots of problem with the hr21 receiver i have and last sunday they replaced part of the dish. he wasn't gone more then 10 minuits and it started it's games. im open to anything at this point. maybe dish network has the anwser

Who is in charge at Directv

:mad:this thing is junk i'ved had it 3 months 3 service calls 3 recivers and many many phone calls to them and and it still doesn't work i have to restart just about everyday and some days more then once. who can i call? where can i get help? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: they want to charge me for service like this i don't think so:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Corporate contact phone and address;

Business Address
2230 EAST IMPERIAL HIGHWAY
EL SEGUNDO CA 90245-0956
310-964-0808

Customer Service VP;

Ellen Filipiak
Senior Vice President, Customer Service
We strive to provide you with the best service possible.
If you have a service issue that needs attention, I encourage you to send us an e-mail. (We respond to most e-mails within 24 hours) If we are unable to resolve your service issue by those means, please bring it to my attention at ellen.filipiak@directv.com

I have 2 HR21s - one purchased on February the other in April. I've never had an issue with either - no lockups, no missed recordings, no missing pic, and I've never rebooted either one. (although they probably rebooted automatically with software updates)

For that to happen with 3 different receivers, I'd sure say it sounds like an issue with the dish, cable or switch - something other than the box itself. When I got the 5-LNB upgrade, I lost 90% of the channels an hour after the installer left. The next technician came for the service call, and said the dish had been installed completely wrong, as it wasn't mounted so the pole was vertical. Haven't had an issue since he re-installed the dish.

I'm not trying to minimize your troubles by any means, but I can say that the HR21s aren't all garbage. This coming from someone who needed 10 installer visits for my 3 different installations (4 visits to get the HD channels working on my original install) - so I'm also not a D* apologist. :D

Good luck!

The chance of 3 different recievers giving you the same problems within a 3 month period does not seem as probable as one other issue causing the problem. It could be a multiswitch issue (if you have one), a line issue, a dish issue, or even a software issue.

I would try reloading the latest firmware to begin with:
  1. Press the reset button
  2. When the welcome screen appears, press 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote.
  3. The latest software will automatically download (or reload if you already have it)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts