Whos lying? How many hours HD does HR24 hold please?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Welcome back to me. LOL:D Been awhile.

Long time Dishnet and Direct as well as BUD and FTA guy here.

Well my 3 year love affair with FIOS is ending. I would stay but I live in Seattle and we got sucker punched as many of you know to Frontier. No more support for FIOS TV from them. They keep dropping channels and whenever I call to ask about a new DVR or 3d channels all they do is steer me to Directv.

So I pulled the plug and went back as a qualifying new customer to Directv. I was hopeful a TIVO box was back but I see its not.

So while I was in order process online. The chat guy from DTV told me the Hr24 I will be getting. (ordered whole home setup) will hold 100 hours HD and 200 hours SD. Sounded odd to me. So after ordering I went into BEst BUY and the guy with clipboard walking around selling DTV told me its only 50 hours and they may give me an older HR23 box. I said I read only the 24 can be used for whole home setup. He seemed confused. No suprise there LOL.

Well I then called DTV and this CSR told me the box records 200 hours HD and 500 hours SD that I will be getting? Sounds odd as now I have 3 differing responses. To make matters worst I have searched here and Google and can not seem to get solid answer.

Also, I see they now use a MOCA setup like FIOS. So will this whole home thing work on UHF remotes or thru the rooms uniit and coax to a central MOCA setup box?

Last, My invoice says Seattle does not have HD locals. WTHECK? They had them 3 years ago? Did we lose them to contract? I know BElo owns King 5 but nothing else.

Anyway, Great to be back. Now to Rock and roll to DTV again. Hope they have 3d channels still as well.

Thanks
Ice

To answer the OP's question correctly, we need to know, is the Recorded content HD or SD, Sat Delivered or OTA delivered, MPEG4 or MPEG2 .....

The HR24 has a 500 gb hard drive.

You do the MATH as we don't know whats being Recorded.

Came back due to being in a FRONTIER bought FIOS state. They are no longer supporting FIOS TV and unlike the Verizon FIOS customers that now have a 500 gig DVR. Frontier wont upgrade and I have a stone age 25 hour HD recording device., Channels being dropped. No new channels added. Shall I go on.. If it was still Verizon I would be staying. The internet speed is awesome. So back to DTV with the same old problems. but nice programming. and my 3d channels

Came back due to being in a FRONTIER bought FIOS state. They are no longer supporting FIOS TV and unlike the Verizon FIOS customers that now have a 500 gig DVR. Frontier wont upgrade and I have a stone age 25 hour HD recording device., Channels being dropped. No new channels added. Shall I go on.. If it was still Verizon I would be staying. The internet speed is awesome. So back to DTV with the same old problems. but nice programming. and my 3d channels

What is your internet speed ? I'm just curious...

I had Verizon and the best speed they could give me was 3 mg and they were promoting 1 mg, YES, 1 mg.

I had terrible service from them for the last few years till I left them when the Frontier thing happened.
I waited till Frontier took over and called and asked what they had to offer as a new sub to them and they said NOTHING.
So I left.

I pay for 25 up and 25 down. My speed test are consistent at approx 31 down and 25up. Best I have had ever. Comcast I paid for 15 down and never had better then 8. Love the FIOS internet. Has not missed a beat since Frontier bought Verizon here. However the FIOS TV is like a forgotten stepchild. I was hopeful something could be done as Frontier flat out lied when they took over. My brother has Verizon FIOS and they have grown with the other providers. Frontier is pushing all to Directv for TV. I am in Marysville WA FYI.

I pay for 25 up and 25 down. My speed test are consistent at approx 31 down and 25up. Best I have had ever. Comcast I paid for 15 down and never had better then 8. Love the FIOS internet. Has not missed a beat since Frontier bought Verizon here. However the FIOS TV is like a forgotten stepchild. I was hopeful something could be done as Frontier flat out lied when they took over. My brother has Verizon FIOS and they have grown with the other providers. Frontier is pushing all to Directv for TV. I am in Marysville WA FYI.
Out here the MAX for internet was 3.0 speed, I couldn't believe it. (Verizon/Frontier)

I moved to the local Cable company for internet, 10 mg does me fine and it's like $ 10 more than what I was paying for 3.0.

Wow, that must be frustrating. Even Clear has 4mg download and 1mg up here in WA. The only place I really like the big speed is for streaming HD off VUDU or Amazon. Other then that 3mg would be fine for me as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts