Whole home wiring expectations?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trckn4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Ok, so I am thinking of signing up with directtv with the following possibly:
2 HD DVRS and possibly 1 HD box
OR if I could get a HR 34
then...probably 1 HR34 and 2 HD boxes

The only reason I would want 2 HD DVRs is for more recording capability and HD space. I would love PIP but not a deal breaker.

What wiring do they do upon install? Will they run network cables? I have in the living room (our cable internet) but I don't have a wiring closet. would they possibly run network and the regular run to all rooms? What is the benefit of having the boxes connected via ethernet or wifi (if that is available). I have a IT background but don't know about running the cables in my house, though I have done it elsewhere.

I guess what I am asking is there any prep work to do before install? Is it possible to get a HR34 if you are not currently in a test market?

34 is out of the question. As far as getting 3 HDDVR's, that won't happen without paying out of pocket either. As far as wiring goes, it will be SWM (single wire multiswitch) so you can have whole home. They'll need to have lines (coax) at each location you want service or they'll need to run new ones. Networking is done through the SWM system so no additional wiring is needed. They will have to run another line to your Internet connection to hook up you cinema connection. That is what will give you all your on demand and cinema plus stuff which is where your "6000" free movies come from. They're only free if you're subscribed to the channel you're wanting to watch it from

Thank You. Also, say if you order 3 boxes can you get them to wire 4 rooms? (in reference to a new install) The reason I ask is I may at times want two boxes in the living room to temporatily hookup a seond tv but most of the time have that tv in the office. Could this be done in install or would it incur an additonal fee? I ask because I believe up to 4 rooms can be setup free. But I wondered if that is 100% off of the number of boxes ordered. Thanks.

Thank You. Also, say if you order 3 boxes can you get them to wire 4 rooms? (in reference to a new install) The reason I ask is I may at times want two boxes in the living room to temporatily hookup a seond tv but most of the time have that tv in the office. Could this be done in install or would it incur an additonal fee? I ask because I believe up to 4 rooms can be setup free. But I wondered if that is 100% off of the number of boxes ordered. Thanks.

You'll have to ask them ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts