Who's ordering their 922s on Monday?

Dumb question as I have been hiding under a rock, but does the 922 output to 2 TVs? And if so, is the TV2 output down-rezzed like on the 622/722, or is it HD? I know they have some Wi-Fi linked TV Dish was promoting, but never heard if just SD was transferred to it.

Also, does anyone know if there still an option Wi-Fi adapter planned for it (read that on Cnet)? I really do not want to deal with Homeplug to get networked.

Dumb question as I have been hiding under a rock, but does the 922 output to 2 TVs? And if so, is the TV2 output down-rezzed like on the 622/722, or is it HD? I know they have some Wi-Fi linked TV Dish was promoting, but never heard if just SD was transferred to it.

Also, does anyone know if there still an option Wi-Fi adapter planned for it (read that on Cnet)? I really do not want to deal with Homeplug to get networked.

Yes. Yes. Can't comment on the Sling TV thingie. WiFi is a NoGo for Dish Network; they've decided that the WiFi spectrum isn't good enough for HD TV (and I agree).

If you MUST have WiFi, buy a WiFi router that can act as a bridge; plug all of your RJ45 connectors into it from the various electronics that need broadband, and rig the router to talk to your main router with a single link. Much less noisy that way.

But the OP is a retailer, isn't he? If so he should be able to order the 922.

Can the retailers post their reviews of the beta units or are they forbidden from commenting?

I have no direct knowledge, but this is what I've gleaned about the 922 from others (mostly Scott) on this forum.
Dumb question as I have been hiding under a rock, but does the 922 output to 2 TVs? And if so, is the TV2 output down-rezzed like on the 622/722, or is it HD?
This is not a dumb question at all. Many of us have wanted HD on TV2 forever. Sadly, the 922 has only SD outputs for the TV2 output, just like the 622/722. But! There is a TV3 output (the Sling network output), and it is supposed to be HD. I have no idea how "HD" the Sling output is. I also have no idea which input tuner it uses. If it's anything like the remote DVR control afforded by dish.sling.com, then it only controls the TV1 satellite tuner, and cannot be switched to the TV2 satellite tuner, nor can it use the OTA tuners (if installed).
I know they have some Wi-Fi linked TV Dish was promoting, but never heard if just SD was transferred to it.
Yes, this odd-ball contraption is a rather puny LCD HDTV with a built-in HD wifi Slingcatcher. One wonders why anybody wants HD on such a tiny set, but there it is. What we need is an HD Slingcatcher standalone STB.
Also, does anyone know if there still an option Wi-Fi adapter planned for it (read that on Cnet)?
You can always do it yourself with something like the ASUS WL-330gE. I use one of these on my 612.

We have ours ordered from our distributor. From what I was told, is that it won't be available for retail till October. 4 months of beta testing.

I think I probably will to replace my 612. The 612 was the worst receiver I ever had from dish.
When I first got DIsh in April, they brought a 612 instead of a 722 by accident. You are right, that receiver almost made be regret leaving Comcast behind.... thankfully, the following weekend, I got the 722 and now I am a happy camper!

Seems to me that both the 722 and 612 are rather crash-happy. I've had both crash and delete most of my recorded programs. On the 612, I was deliberately trying to delete about 100 programs when it crashed and deleted most everything; on the 722 it just deleted stuff unprovoked. I've had both become unresponsive and require a hard reset to get them going again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)