Who's The Best Super Bowl Team Ever

I know it is hard to compare era's but I can't believe the first Super Bowl winning team, the Packers, get no support. That team was loaded with Hall of Fame players and had a time of dominance almost unmatched. Maybe the 66 team was better but this team was pretty good.

Problem is, people want to compare eras and the teams now are so much Bigger and faster than the older eras, so it's really not a fair comparison.

It has to be the Fins no questions asked. Only undefeated super bowl champ ever.

No they weren’t undefeated
I was at Tiger when the Detroit lions
Beat your so called undefeated dalphins in pre season
The only team that Almost went
Undefeated was the 1962 Green Bay
Packers they went 6-0 preseason
Then won 10 straight before loseing to the Detroit lions. On thanksgiving. They won the rest of there games and beat the ny giants in the nfl championship game
That was the greatest team of all time no team has ever gone undefeated Green Bay was the closest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as it pains me to say it the 85 Bears were the most dominating team in SB history.

Even though the Dolphins went 17-0 to win the SB they were never dominant and won the SB 14-7.
Every time go to Chicago I run into someone squawking about the 85 Bears like that sh*t happed yesterday.-;)
The Lions are the best team ever! 0-16 perfect record!

It has to be the Fins no questions asked. Only undefeated super bowl champ ever.
If we are talking the best team, it isn't the '72 Dolphins. That year was a crazy outlier, with a ridiculously easy schedule. Also, the Patriots were at one point 18-0... (exceeded the Dolphins) and if it weren't for that football magnet in the helmet, they'd have been 19-0. I'd say there is an argument that the '07 Pats were the best Super Bowl team ever, even in losing. It is funny the best Patriots team didn't win the Super Bowl.

No love yet for the '93 / '94 Cowboys? I hated the Cowboys, but those teams were great.
'85 Bears
Early 80s 49ers.
60s/70s, I know nothing.

If we are talking the best team, it isn't the '72 Dolphins. That year was a crazy outlier, with a ridiculously easy schedule. Also, the Patriots were at one point 18-0... (exceeded the Dolphins) and if it weren't for that football magnet in the helmet, they'd have been 19-0. I'd say there is an argument that the '07 Pats were the best Super Bowl team ever, even in losing. It is funny the best Patriots team didn't win the Super Bowl.

No love yet for the '93 / '94 Cowboys? I hated the Cowboys, but those teams were great.
'85 Bears
Early 80s 49ers.
60s/70s, I know nothing.

Still my point is
No team has ever gone undefeated
Only the Green Bay Packers in 1962
Came close no one since had came close

Still my point is
No team has ever gone undefeated
Only the Green Bay Packers in 1962
Came close no one since had came close

The '85 Bears managed 18-1 and the Super Bowl. The Patriots went 18-0 and barely lost the Super Bowl.

Ravens in '00 were only 12-4, but that defense was legendary, possibly better than the '85 Bears!

The 2007 Patriots had four regular season games with less than 400 yards total offense, scoring less than 31 points only 4 times as well.

Yes becouse they were not
nothing games like they are now

Coach’s like bud grant in Minnesota
Tom Landry in Dallas george halas in Chicago Vince Lombardi
In Green Bay played to win, george Allen also not like coach’s now
Who don’t care
Example 1962 Green Bay 6-0 pre season 13-1 regular season snd they won the NFL championship
Nobody was that good they almost went undefeated loseing to Detroit
On thanksgiving or they would have gone undefeated
They were that good

Yes becouse they were not
nothing games like they are now

If the stats from those games don't count for an Athlete's career stats, it doesn't matter.

To be clear, I know nothing about the '62 Packers. They could be the best (though didn't win the Super Bowl), but you are mixing some apples with oranges.

Also "Best Super Bowl team" is kind of an undefined metric. Best team in a Super Bowl... best team to win a Super Bowl... best team to play in a Super Bowl... most notable victory in a Super Bowl.

If the stats from those games don't count for an Athlete's career stats, it doesn't matter.

To be clear, I know nothing about the '62 Packers. They could be the best (though didn't win the Super Bowl), but you are mixing some apples with oranges.

Also "Best Super Bowl team" is kind of an undefined metric. Best team in a Super Bowl... best team to win a Super Bowl... best team to play in a Super Bowl... most notable victory in a Super Bowl.

I understand that
But the fact still remains
NO Team has ever gone Undefeated
That is a fact not horse pucky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)