Who's your choice for Sportsman of the Year?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
On December 1, Sports Illustrated will name their annual Sportsman of the Year Award.

Unlike last year with Michael Phelps, it's hard to find a slam-dunk pick for this award.

Who would you go with?

On December 1, Sports Illustrated will name their annual Sportsman of the Year Award.

Unlike last year with Michael Phelps, it's hard to find a slam-dunk pick for this award.

Who would you go with?

I think it should go to retired football player Chris Spielman, whom quit football for a year, helped his wife cope with her cancer and then set up a foundation together with her for cancer awareness. Chris lost his wife the other day. That is the type of role model I want my kids to look up to.

Stefanie Spielman, wife of Ohio State and NFL star, dies at 42 after long battle with cancer -- chicagotribune.com

I disagree with Jeter. There were other yankees ahead of Jeter if you're going to name a Yankee like Teixeira and Sabathia who led the Yankees to a world championship. Without them, Jeter may not have even sniffed the playoffs like the previous season.

My favorite was Jimmie Johnson.

I disagree with Jeter. There were other yankees ahead of Jeter if you're going to name a Yankee like Teixeira and Sabathia who led the Yankees to a world championship. Without them, Jeter may not have even sniffed the playoffs like the previous season.

My favorite was Jimmie Johnson.

The master at left turns, Jimmie Johnson? As sportsman of the year? You serious?! :eek:

Zenyatta - she's 14 for 14 (has beaten some of the big boys), no ego, and makes money instead of takes it. Probably 2009 Horse of the Year. :up

Good for him, but that probably only qualifies him for the Mohel of the Year though....

He also broke the SEC record for the most rushing TDs.. He also is a hesiman QB, and has 2 national titles under his belt and working on a third.. But aside from his on the field accomplisments hes also a great role model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts