whot is the name off this thing

johan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
holland
Hallo members,

whot is the name of this thing ,
and is it possible to connect a few (3 or 4) together.

Mvg

Attachments

• omt_ku SMW.jpg
    omt_ku SMW.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 99
Dishes.
Perhaps it is possible to send 3 or 4 of the same dishes (50 cm) with a waveguide to a Ku orthomode wave guide, and thus send the signal to the LNB. Dishes are fibo gregorians

Attachments

• $_86.jpg
    $_86.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 88
If you use waveguide to connect multiple dishes this would be a very complicated setup, and the satellite signals would combine to cancel each other out, that is if there was enough signal received at the LNB to begin with. The more plumbing between the feedhorn and LNB the more loss.
I wouldn't suggest doing this unless you really like to experiment. :)
The Orthomode feedhorn would be a better option, but another option is utilizing a dual polarity LNB on the original feedhorn, just make sure you get one with the same mounting ring as the feed horn.(Inverto Pro black LNB, they come in single and dual output).

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
If you use waveguide to connect multiple dishes this would be a very complicated setup, and the satellite signals would combine to cancel each other out, that is if there was enough signal received at the LNB to begin with. The more plumbing between the feedhorn and LNB the more loss.
I wouldn't suggest doing this unless you really like to experiment. :)
The Orthomode feedhorn would be a better option, but another option is utilizing a dual polarity LNB on the original feedhorn, just make sure you get one with the same mounting ring as the feed horn.(Inverto Pro black LNB, they come in single and dual output).
I would like to experiment.
can you show me by picture whot i must use.

Mvg

I would like to experiment.
can you show me by picture whot i must use.

Mvg
You might want to take a look at post 6 of the thread below. Apparently it can be done but too much expensive equipment is needed to do so. Much cheaper to just get a bigger dish. :)

I really don't know what a multi-dish combiner would look like, never seen one.
Tricky part is getting all the waveguides exactly the same length (likely within less than a mm on 12GHz) and tuned for the particular TransPonder you are looking for. No idea on the bandwidth of such a combiner, maybe you could get 2-3 nearby TPs before the system is too far out-of-tune and gain turns to attenuation.
Think in RF/Waveguide theory you require an odd multiple of quarter waves on the frequency of interest so you would measure between the feed horn and "plenum" where the LNB would be located with shortest possible route for your waveguide. You would likely have to fabricate your own waveguide; there may be flexible waveguide available or can be built to order but this would be very expensive.
Find some electrical engineering text books and look for radar antenna sychronization and waveguide coupling.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts