Why a $40 Fee to Enable External HD???

Fee is to discourage downgrading period. Gives the sub pause for reflection.

Perhaps a graduated scale for downgrade. If you upgraded with in the last month it's $50, if you have not upgraded in 6 months $25, over a year $10, 2 years free.

$5 is just an aggravation, not a disincentive.

Fee is to discourage downgrading period. Gives the sub pause for reflection.

Perhaps a graduated scale for downgrade. If you upgraded with in the last month it's $50, if you have not upgraded in 6 months $25, over a year $10, 2 years free.

$5 is just an agrivation, not a disincentive.

WTF?!?!?!?! $50 for dropping a channel? You're insane.

The idea is to prevent jumping up and down isnt it?

I'm just postulating what could be while others gripe about what is. Be thankful.

Probably part of the fee is for the same reason that our neighbors north of the border have to pay an extra fee for any kind of recordable media - cassette tapes, hard drives, CDs, DVDs, - So that the media moguls can get a kickback. In other words, E* probably has to pay a bribe to the music and movie industry so they won't be sued over allowing people to "copy" movies and/or music to an external device.

... or why not .. if you have had the package less than a month - there is a $5 downgrade fee .. 30+ days and the fee is waived .... I thought that was how they did it already ... i guess that would make too much sense ;)

I don't make a lot of programming changes but I've never had to pay the fee, I always ask for it to be waived and the response has always been "Since you have been a customer for so long, and your account is in good standing, I will be happy to do that for you".

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts