WHY all the hack talk

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most of them probably don't have the brains it would take to learn how to hack anyway. What they don't realize is there is no such thing as a free lunch or even "free tv".

Even to recieve the unencrypted signals takes a little know how. You have to learn how your equipment works, how to set it up and to get all the parts to talk to each other. You have to (at least before blind scan ) learn about transponders, polarization and frequencies, you have to know how to read charts ect.

And then the pay services are always constantly changing their countermeasures, access cards and keys as well. FTA tv is a hobby that in order to enjoy you have to immerse yourself a little bit and figure out how everything works and that's the fun of the whole thing. These people that log in with one or two sentence questions couldn't understand how the stuff works even if you were to take them by the hand and spell it all out for them.

What I think......

I've always thought it was some kind of jokers who want to tick off the moderators of this forum. Basically they don't care what they say and they are just saying anything to get banned. I wouldn't doubt the fact that they'd try to regain their access to the forum again in order to just provoke moderators. You've got people like that all over the internet who just want to provoke people and say crap until they get ticked off and ban them from something. Honestly, these people don't have a life or otherwise they wouldn't do these sorts of things.

lilyarbie said:
I've always thought it was some kind of jokers who want to tick off the moderators of this forum. Basically they don't care what they say and they are just saying anything to get banned. I wouldn't doubt the fact that they'd try to regain their access to the forum again in order to just provoke moderators. You've got people like that all over the internet who just want to provoke people and say crap until they get ticked off and ban them from something. Honestly, these people don't have a life or otherwise they wouldn't do these sorts of things.

Well said! We have one or two provocateurs here but we are onto them!
We will not be standing for that kind of garbage here any longer any one TRYING to provoke the mods will be delt with swiftly, this is an unpaid job and ritual abuse is was not in the job description :)

I understand these jokers are currently getting hit.You might see some more visitors looking for help the steal tv.

PSB said:
Well said! We have one or two provocateurs here but we are onto them!
We will not be standing for that kind of garbage here any longer any one TRYING to provoke the mods will be delt with swiftly, this is an unpaid job and ritual abuse is was not in the job description :)

I am starting to doubt the effectiveness of the ban process. Do you guys block the particular username? Or do you go further to block the user's IP address, for example. Because, if the halk-talkers' usernames are blocked they could easily come back after signing up as new users...:(

That question would be better directed to the owner of the forum. All Iceberg and I can do is ban them and track the IP. and e-mail :)

If they return and Hack Talk they are removed again, Hack Talk will not stand here no matter what.........

boston area dtv said:
Not sure is youre gonna get an answer on that one. If they tell you then they tip off the hackers to their security measures

Oops, I didn't mean to ask them divulge such secrets of the trade, :eek: and I am sure our moderators are smarter than that. As long the measure is effective, that will make us all happier :)

Its VERY effective, can you spot any Hack Talk on the forum?

Usually nuked within seconds or minutes, so really the hackers are wasting their time posting here at all :)

PSB said:

Usually nuked within seconds or minutes, so really the hackers are wasting their time posting here at all :)

Nuked!!?? WOW, that's darn effective. Thanks PSB for a great job you are doing :up

I have people come into the shop about at least once a month. They pull you to the side and say hey I'll slip you 100 or 200 if you can open my receiver to free, and I'll never say a thing that you told me.....
Oh yeah its easy just press menu and 5 and then 2 all at the same time on ur remote and it free tv......I tell them to take a hike.
I had one tell me well if you can't tell me then I'll go to, blahsatellite down the street...I said don't let the door hit you in the butt.

so true. Ive been to a couple shops that sell FTA boxes and their biggest dish is 20" :eek:

but as PSB noted, we can usually sniff out a hacker. Just read some of their posts :)

You have to admit

PSB said:

This is of course NOT to be taken at the expense of Iceberg and Pete! They do a great job moderating this board. helping out people (like me) and keeping out the Hack stuff.

HOWEVER, you must admit some of the posts are really funny. If you think of the brainpower these guys use (Brains?) to generate their messages, it is amazing that they even have the knowhow to plug in the receiver. I actually look forward to watching some of the goings on...The responses crack me up!
Jeff

It would be hilarious if one of these clowns actually did sue, sort of like suing a cab driver for not picking him up after a bank heist.......the judge would probably laugh and have the guy arrested.

I have seen a couple of hack posts before they were banned, and I was tempted to post a suggestion they change their user name to Titanic because an Iceberg was about to get them.

Reminds me of the story I heard on the news this week about a guy who called the cops to report his bag of pot had been stolen.

Pepper said:
Reminds me of the story I heard on the news this week about a guy who called the cops to report his bag of pot had been stolen.

Thats a good one. Reminds me of the lady on COPS who tried to buy some crack and got plaster of paris instead.. called the cops because she wanted her $20 back!

There was a lady on Judge Joe Brown a couple years ago who sued to get her $250 back that she loaned the defendant to buy drugs for her.

Joe kept saying to her "this is your brain on drugs" :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)