Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Not letting me change my programming online

Attachments

• 1430403607267.jpg
    1430403607267.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 480
Sounds like some kind of glitch. Have you tried just changing your basic package and then removing BB?
Try contacting one of the DIRT members here. If you don't want to wait on them, I have had better luck with the chat feature than calling in.

Are you a pay in advance customer or live OCONUS? VI or PR maybe? Seeing as you already have the DA, you have MPEG4 equipment.... Might be an arc migration???

I will call dish. I tried taking off bb@home, tried changing basic pkg. No go....it used to work. Was going to do the everything pack for three months. I am a flex tv prepaid customer but that never was a problem before. I will not do contracts with tv or cell providers.

I show you should be on EA so that would make sense. You need a tech to come out or a NLOS tag on your account.

Would not matter if it was in Dish's system as WA. That is something that has to be manually done by an employee. Best bet, PM a Dirt member, and have them verify if the account is set for EA or WA.... and if WA, change it to EA.

They are wanting me on eastern arc. They were trying to send a tech out for 95.00. I told them no, I would change the lnbf and realign the dish myself.
I was given a special number to call afterward.

Sounds about right... Glad we discovered the issue. Btw. You don't actually have to make the change, just tell them that you already have 61.5 and 72, and they need to update their system to reflect.

The system doesn't know what you actually have. And you won't stop getting programming because they switch it over. If that helps.

Reactions: Mr Tony
They are wanting me on eastern arc. They were trying to send a tech out for 95.00. I told them no, I would change the lnbf and realign the dish myself.
I was given a special number to call afterward.

The CSR may be incorrect. (shocker) They won't charge if they want you on a different ARC especially if they did the install.

So does this mean my account will be locked until I go eastern arc and call customer service? I spoke with a CSR and told them the situation. They acted like they were not aware I was a prepay customer. I assume maybe the issue is with local channels? Why is the eastern arc more desirable? I understand rain fade may be less with a higher elevation angle. Signal cuts through less atmosphere. I use an outdoor antenna for my locals in HD.

It's about seperate get Channels so that the bandwidth can be used evenly across the country(my best way to explain it, but someone else may have a better way). Again, you do not have to actually put the eA dish on, just tell them you did so they mark it in your account. Then you should be able to make changes online again. Anything you do online that requires a change work order completed(programming change, order something, tech visit, etc) it will want to change your "legacy" situation(the locals) to the correct Arc. If not completed, then you just lose features. You can also have it marked EA NLOS as well. But that may lose your locals all together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)