Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
honestly I dont care but putting together those with links etc will be a PIA.

I generally put a title and paste a link, then post the subject and use the link to paste the info.

then confiorm the link is good. ometimes they have troubles.

with the new system I cant do this.:(

I appreciate the area, but were new topics a real problem in the pit?

All posts which were in the queue for moderation have been approved.

The vBulletin setting of "Follow Forum Moderation Rules" always gets me I always set this to no since I want it to be "unmoderated" (ie messages do not need to be approved before being seen by all) however the correct setting for this is ON.

Confusing at times :)

If you can take the heat then enjoy THE PIT. :D

Being apparently a complete computor idiot. I can not get past join and unjoin.
It flip flops back and forth between the two.. HALP!

One you join then go back to the forums listing page at http://www.satelliteguys.us/index.php and you will now see The Pit listed. :)
Nope Duh NG.
I read the notice Nice BTW. Click on join. Go to join page. Highlight join and hit join and it flips to leave. OK go to forum page Hit PIT and it brings me back to the notice. PIT is listed but blank to the right.
DUH. I yrioed even the link you provided .NADA

It must be something your doing. As I just checked your account and its working fine. :)

Make sure you are using the correct link and are going to THE PIT forum and not THE PIT - CLICK HERE TO ACCESS

The second one only needs to be done once. I am working on making that hidden after you join the Pit but have not been able to do it yet. :)

Attachments

• thepit.jpg
    thepit.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 175
It must be something your doing. As I just checked your account and its working fine. :)

Make sure you are using the correct link and are going to THE PIT forum and not THE PIT - CLICK HERE TO ACCESS

The second one only needs to be done once. I am working on making that hidden after you join the Pit but have not been able to do it yet. :)
Sigh, of course it was something I was doing. I didn't open my eyes and look above the bottom THE PIT- CLICK here..... TNX, sorry I'll go back to pit school for a refresher. . :eek:

Ok I'm not having any luck either. Every link I can find goes to the warning window then to "you are a member of the following groups.... " with the option to leave group. Nothing so far actually goes to the pit.

After joining go back to forums, you should see the Pit forum above the join the pit subforum.

Got it, thanks. I guess I wasn't looking for an entirely different block above the other.

Ain't that the pits. I like that warning page! Saw that last night when I joined it.

Maybe instead of 2 seperate boxes, the link to join the Pit could be in the description of the Pit itself, probably be less confusing to other members.

Ok I'm not having any luck either. Every link I can find goes to the warning window then to "you are a member of the following groups.... " with the option to leave group. Nothing so far actually goes to the pit.

Yeah, I had problems too but it was all Scott's fault. :) He was monkeying around with the software while I was tring to follow his intended procedure. LOL!

One thing you all might need to do is refresh your cache after you join so you reload the new forum lists with the PIT listed. That finally brought up the PIT in the list for me after Scott got it working. Hope you do find a way to hide the join section, Scott-
I was wondering if you can try making it a join in the subscribe to section rather than the forum list. Wouldn't that be a way to hide the join section altogether? Hope I explained that right as it hardly made sense to me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott's posts have a name change

Signatures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)