Why are Manual Timers on Tuner 1?

dogpoobob

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Brighton, TN (near Memphis)
I have my 942 set to default record from Tuner 2. When I set up a Manual Timer, it always records from Tuner 1. Why is this so? To my further consternation, when I want to watch something other than what is playing, even on the OTA Tuner, I get the "Do you want to stop Recording" screen.

Example: Last night I was recording on an OTA channel, but it showed recording from Tuner 1. I was watching a local from Dish and wanted to change channels, and I got the question. How many tuners can be in use at the same time? :confused:

In the 942..
1 tuner is HD
1 tuner is just regular (or is it HD too?)
1 tuner is OTA

If you're recording OTA, then the regular tuners shouldn't be interrupted. Hrmmmm

All 3 tuners can record HDTV programming at the same time but it also depends on whether you are set up for Dual or Single mode which is where I get lost.

Yes, I'm set up for single. I'm about to decide that the number that shows up isn't necessarily the Tuner number. I'm thinking this because there are only 2 numbers and three tuners. Since I was recording with my OTA tuner, maybe it is numbered 1 also(?). I don't know, I'm confusing myself. :confused:

BobaBird said:
All 3 tuners can record HDTV programming at the same time but it also depends on whether you are set up for Dual or Single mode which is where I get lost.
As you said both sat tuners and the OTA can record in HD.

In single user mode it's just like the 921. You can view programming from any tuner to your HDTV and record two/three programs at the same time.

In dual user mode you divide the sat tuners into two separate recievers. The second sat tuner is sent via UHF through a coax to another room in the house therefore always in SD. That user has a UHF remote which they can control independantly from your living room remote. The living room HDTV now only has one sat tuner and OTA while the other room just has a sat tuner only. Either room may view prerecorded programs at any time. Basically dual user mode saves you having to buy another receiver for $5 month (if you have phone line installed) but you sacifice one sat tuner for that capability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts