Why are programing and prices so different ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Texanmutt

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
Somewere in texas
I was considering getting a BUD and 4dtv setup withing the next year. I started looking at programing for 3 different places when i noticed that each one of them will offer a channel that the other does not and offer many channels at different prices then the others. For example, skyvision will offer spike for 12/yr but sps is only $9.50/year but then only skyvision has the history channel. What is the reason for the huge differences in price and programing ?

Also do I have to go with one company for programing or can i get few channels from one and a few from another ?

You can purchase from multiple program suppliers. However, some may have requirements for a minimum number of programs to pick up certain selections. Pricing may vary but often the more you pick up from one supplier the more likely it is you will be able to negotiate a discount on the posted price.

I currently get my "primary" stuff from NPS, and I also get Networks/ESPN from SRL.

Texanmutt said:
What is the reason for the huge differences in price and programing ?

For the same reason that cable and dbs companies charge different amounts and offer different channels, because they can.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)