Why are the Rsn Hd channels still uplinked and not yet available to subscribers??

Shouldn't E* make a deal and begin offering RSN HD now since Directv just announced the MLB Extra Innings deal? At least they would be able to offer the local MLB team's games in HD.

1. It makes too much sense
2. It would make too many customers happy

Ok I'm getting too cynical...time to take a break. lol

Last edited:
E* lied to us about the FSN's. They didn't say they "might" have them, or probably would add them. E* said they WOULD have them by the fall of '06.

I do not appreciate being lied to by anyone and will remember that when my contract is up. Contracts should be nullified when a company is blatantly dishonest like E* has been.

There are place holders in the tables with slates running at less than 1 megabit. (Read back in this thread in case you missed this).

Thanks for the sarcasm. I thought I was clear in my opinion that we don't have the RSN's because of business, not technical reasons, so the technical details don't concern me one bit.

While I did allow that the new MPEG4 encoders might be one possible cause of the hangup, if you or anyone else can enlighten me as to exactly how this could be, go ahead.

If you want to quibble over the exact meaning of the word "uplinked", take it up with the original poster.

Besides, so what if you saw place holders when you last checked? Wasn't the plan always going to be that only HD games would be shown, and that none of the channels was going to be added as a full-time 24 x 7 HD channel?

Umm, whatever! :rolleyes:

Umm, E* said in June of '06 they would have 10 FSN HD's up by fall of '06.

D* had said nothing of FSN HD's, yet had them by fall of '06.

Now Charlie says they do not have them due to lack of content.

I call that misleading, dishonest business. You?

I would like to see in writing were Charlie said they would be up by the Fall of 06'
Reason being, that is about the time when I upgraded from an 811 receiver to a 411 so I could get all of those channels and the mpeg4 channels.

I would like to see in writing were Charlie said they would be up by the Fall of 06'

I am not going to go back and try to look it up, but there were several times wriiten and several verbal from E* officials that they would have FSN's by fall of '06. They said they would be starting with the top 10 or so FSN's and then add others as they got more prgramming in HD.

On one of the chats in Sept. we heard the now infamous "very soon" line.

I would not have signed up for Dish had they not promised the FSN's...simple as that.

I am not going to go back and try to look it up, but there were several times wriiten and several verbal from E* officials that they would have FSN's by fall of '06. They said they would be starting with the top 10 or so FSN's and then add others as they got more prgramming in HD.

On one of the chats in Sept. we heard the now infamous "very soon" line.

I would not have signed up for Dish had they not promised the FSN's...simple as that.

That is my point, if this is true, is this or is this not a breach of contract on E*'s part?
When I cancel my service, do I have a leg to stand on?

That is my point, if this is true, is this or is this not a breach of contract on E*'s part?
When I cancel my service, do I have a leg to stand on?

read your contract, Dish has the right to change programming at any time (that means they can delete or add any channel without notice), so no, you can't get out of your contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts