Why are there SOOO many more E* threads than D* ones?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
I just now noticed the staggering amount of threads and post difference between the D* and E* forums. It's like 4-1 in favor of E*! Isn't D* the number one satellite provider? Maybe it's just a bunch of people trying to get their DVR's to work right in the E* forum :p.

get directv installed, tech calls to activate and guess what, one hit, IT WORKS!!!!!

no re boots, no "software down loads" read...FIXES!!!

directv makes sure the system WORKS before it is released and doesnt treat the subs as paying beta testers

oh,,,,,i think that was your point, what s up bro????

dragon

I haven't had a single issue with my Directv system since it was installed one year ago.

Get D* and you'll see why.

Scott Greczkowski said:
People with DirecTV are watching TV. People with Dish Network are TRYING to watch TV. :D

You obviously must be right, judging from the huge thread difference anyway. I guess I just never realized that E* was THAT bad before. Oh well, come November when my contract with Dish runs out, I may find out myself.

^^^ I asked the Dish CSR what it would cost for me to get out of my contract 6 months before it was up. She said $240. :rolleyes: I'm STILL kicking myself for not just paying that extra $50 in the beginning and knocking off a year of the contract.

I you look long enough on the various threads you'll see that folks with the basic receivers, such as the 301/322 or 501/508/510 and now even the 721 are fairly happy with E* since those STB's are fairly stable. Most of the problems are with the newer boxes, the 522, 811 and 921 which still have software issues that E* tries to resolve. E* also has the habit of announcing that something will be coming and then when it doesn't happen a number of threads pop up, such as Name Based Recording on the 501/508/510 by mid February then the we made a mistake and it will be late summer/fall message.

To be fair, D* does have it's problems, but from what I've seen it's mostly with the Tivo boxes and those issue tend to get discussed over at www.tivocommunity.com. The HD Tivo has had a number of problem with the HDMI output and harddrive failure rates that some think are too high. Both the SD and HD versions of the D* Tivo box have slow EPG's that drive some folks crazy, but there's a new software relase that's starting to be released that is reported to solve that issue.

But overall the D* boxes are just that much more stable the the comparable E* boxes so that's why E* has soooooooooo many more posts.

We have had D* for 8 years and it has never given us any problems,think we had one of the stb's go south once but other than that it's been like a rock.Now get more HD.It's the only reason that we also have VOOM

dragon002 said:
get directv installed, tech calls to activate and guess what, one hit, IT WORKS!!!!!

no re boots, no "software down loads" read...FIXES!!!

directv makes sure the system WORKS before it is released and doesnt treat the subs as paying beta testers

oh,,,,,i think that was your point, what s up bro????

dragon

For people that are supposedly "too busy watching tv" as Scott says, quite a few of the D* people take plenty of time out of their busy schedules to criticize everything Dish does.

My recievers work fine, maybe E* is guilty on a couple of models for rushing the product to market, but hey the same can be said about some of D*'s recievers as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)