why aren't C and Ku separated?

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Why did Azbox put C and Ku freqs together instead of making them "separate" sats?

That is one of my pet peeves with the receiver. Having to go in and change the
lnb settings all the time, since they did not put in separate C/ku band sats.

Another one is that they seem to have dumped some old list of TP's in the receiver including dcII tp's.
Would have been better if they left all the TP's empty especially since the newer Azboxes have the blind scan capability.

You can create your own satellite list using the Azbox editor and the output file you create at this site, satellites.xml generator / transponder .ini generator .
Once you create the list, you can have all the Ku and C band sats of your choice in your list. That what I did last year, and the same list list still works.
:)

Well your luck is alot better than mine Brent. The editor made me want to hurl everything out the window:)

You can create your own satellite list using the Azbox editor and the output file you create at this site, satellites.xml generator / transponder .ini generator .
Once you create the list, you can have all the Ku and C band sats of your choice in your list. That what I did last year, and the same list list still works.

Well your luck is alot better than mine Brent. The editor made me want to hurl everything out the window:)

There are 2 different editors, ie AzboxEdit and MAZ. Neither of these seem to work with respect to actually editing anything, however AzboxEdit HAS worked well with respect to importing the .xml files and turning that into a valid sat list.

I have not done this with newer firmware, but it worked well back when I had something around the 2880 firmware (I think). At that time, the AzboxEdit program was also reliable for uploading the data to the Azbox, but I think that if I were going to try it now, I would probably create the data files with the AzboxEdit program, then manually upload the data via an FTP program instead.

But I haven't really tried sending an old AzboxEdit set of files to the new firmware, so I can't vouch for it working. I do however upload working sat data to my Azbox via FTP whenever the box reverts to it's original list, but by now I'm uploading channel data that has been processed with the newer firmware.

But yes, the editor programs are generally not reliable, however for creating a basic sat list to start with AzboxEdit can be useful.

There are 2 different editors, ie AzboxEdit and MAZ. Neither of these seem to work with respect to actually editing anything, however AzboxEdit HAS worked well with respect to importing the .xml files and turning that into a valid sat list.

I have not done this with newer firmware, but it worked well back when I had something around the 2880 firmware (I think). At that time, the AzboxEdit program was also reliable for uploading the data to the Azbox, but I think that if I were going to try it now, I would probably create the data files with the AzboxEdit program, then manually upload the data via an FTP program instead.

But I haven't really tried sending an old AzboxEdit set of files to the new firmware, so I can't vouch for it working. I do however upload working sat data to my Azbox via FTP whenever the box reverts to it's original list, but by now I'm uploading channel data that has been processed with the newer firmware.

But yes, the editor programs are generally not reliable, however for creating a basic sat list to start with AzboxEdit can be useful.

Yeah, I've used it but, it always got corrupted and eventually the old garbage would return. I even used lists that other posters were kind enough to send me. It was known to work on their box. I did the FTP thing too.

What I don't understand is, if you delete the sat list via FTP, then replace just the edited one in that disk 2 folder, I wouldn't think it would ever be able to revert to the old one. It must not be completely deleting it. That's all I can think of. If you could get the old one out of there altogether then, I don't see how a simple reboot could bring it back.

Yeah, that's what I do now. I don't even mess with editors or FTP anymore. Almost made me wanna throw the Az and computer out the window.

Brentb636 thanks for the info., but I tried to download your Sats&ChannelsNA.zip (after unzipping the files) to my AZBox Elite, I'm using an USB stick, I get the message -- Download Failed, since your files are DATA files, is there something I'm missing to do, to get your Sats&Channels NA downloaded into my AZBox?

When I had an Azbox , I'd copy them to the appropriate location, using FTP . I'm not sure whether you can copy from the USB stick to the DOM , or not. Maybe someone will chime in who still has an Azbox.

JDelanos, given the flakiness of the Azbox, I doubt an old sat list created with 2880 is going to work for you anyway. I don't know what Firmware you are using but, they are up to like 5020 now.

Like Brent said, you will need to use an FTP program to do what you are trying to do. I think the best way to get your list the way you want is to edit with the remote. Once you have your finished product, you need to save a copy via an FTP program. This way when it corrupts on you, you will be able to recover in a hurry. I'm just now doing this myself. I'm FINALLY having some success. I'm almost finished. I would be done but, I have been busy. I'll probably finish up this weekend.

Here is a great post detailing how to get a North American sat list into your Azbox from our buddy crackt. He and some others here are great about answering any questions you may have.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/228294-howto-north-americanize-your-satlist.html

JDelanos, given the flakiness of the Azbox, I doubt an old sat list created with 2880 is going to work for you anyway. I don't know what Firmware you are using but, they are up to like 5020 now.

Yes you can take a old satellite list from older FW and use it with newer FW, you will have the same satellites listed with their Tp's and LO with the switch settings but no TV or radio channels will show up. I know because I did it here, and my thoughts where that it would not work but it is working great, with no problems at all. used a satellite list from FW 9.2371 then up I graded to 5020 FW, master cleared recever and set it back up, then sent that satellite list to the receiver, then rebooted, and my list was their in tact just the way it was in the 9.2371 FW.

Thanks brentb636, my mistake, thought you had an AZBox.
jdelanos

I had one for a year, but the ethernet port died on it, and I sold it to Iceberg. I used the ethernet port a lot. I used the receiver more for playing movies than receiving sat signals, it seems. I still have all my old Azbox files, and plan to get another sometime.

What I don't understand is, if you delete the sat list via FTP, then replace just the edited one in that disk 2 folder, I wouldn't think it would ever be able to revert to the old one. It must not be completely deleting it. That's all I can think of. If you could get the old one out of there altogether then, I don't see how a simple reboot could bring it back.

You might want to read through this thread. It explains why the old sat list comes back from time to time. It also explains how to stop that from happening.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/228294-howto-north-americanize-your-satlist.html

Yes you can take a old satellite list from older FW and use it with newer FW, you will have the same satellites listed with their Tp's and LO with the switch settings but no TV or radio channels will show up. I know because I did it here, and my thoughts where that it would not work but it is working great, with no problems at all. used a satellite list from FW 9.2371 then up I graded to 5020 FW, master cleared recever and set it back up, then sent that satellite list to the receiver, then rebooted, and my list was their in tact just the way it was in the 9.2371 FW.

Thanks. I tried to import satellite lists from crackt post and it wouldn't work for me. I kept getting all the Euro stuff right back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)