Why aren't more dealers offering OTA antennas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ckwalczak

Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I'm curious why many dealers don't offer the addition of an OTA antenna to supplement a satellite or cable subscribers system? Over half of all home have an HDTV and half of them don't even subscribe to any HD service. Broadcast TV sends out great HD signals and there's no monthly fees.

An outdoor antenna is a solid investment for the home and generates a good profit for the dealer. Why aren't more dealers making the pitch to their customers?

I remember in the mid 80's the cable company (forgot its original name) went around house to house to sign people up for cable TV. One of the enticements was free removal of your roof top antenna. Cable came and those antennas came down thrown into the back of pick up trucks as people signed up for cable TV.

Those who kept their antennas and no longer used them were likely to have them removed as their roof needed to be replaced. Some people who got sick of cable switched to DBS and hooked up there OTA for the local channels. Now DBS offers local channels.

Mine was removed from the chimney due to an addition. I was told by the contractor that the chimney mounts caused chimneys to become weak and collapse over time.

The thing was huge and heavy (rotator equiped).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts