Why Can't Hd Programming Hd Pq be as Good as Commercial Hd Pq???

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Someone posted in a thread about the poor pq in hd programming and how good the commercial hd pq was so much better. The commercials I have seen in hd, almost all are flawless. We bitch and moan how Dish does compress our channels. To me it is a lot more evident on the sd side. I wonder if hd programming pq, has to do with the network themselves, quality of the hd camera and other things out of control of Dish. I am not saying Dish is without fault at all, people on here can show me numbers on what resolution is used on a certain channel. I can say though that most of the commercial hd pq is comparable to my hd dvd. (HD-A2)

I can think of a variety of "reasons".... HD programming may not have been done with "HD" resolution in mind. It may be up-converted, the 'master' source may be low-quality, it may have been recorded on video and not film.

Commercials are generally pretty "current", so they may have been done with more modern cameras. They're much, much shorter so the cost to process them is lower (per minute).

Question.... How can video be converted to true hd?? I thought film was the only to be remasterd.

Anyway. If you have seen a program like Friday Night Lights in hd and then see a commercial in hd, you will understand what I am talikng about. Watch a ESPN football game in hd and watch a hd commercial on the same channel during the game, you will see.

Question.... How can video be converted to true hd?? I thought film was the only to be remasterd.
I don't know if "video" can be "true HD". As I said, it may simply to up-converted or "fake". It can be 1080i resolution but the extra bits were extrapolated in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)