Why can't I get two DMA's?

A little off topic but theres a house nearby that half of it is in Quebec and the other half in vermont.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not a business, but I've always enjoyed walking across the Rainbow Bridge between Niagara Falls NY and Niagara Falls Ontario, and stopping in the middle with one foot in the U.S. and one in Canada. I don't know if my privates were dual citizens or men without a country.

A little off topic but theres a house nearby that half of it is in Quebec and the other half in vermont.
I'll bet for "legal" reasons, it is considered solely in one country or the other ("legal" may not be the best word, but in turn, it dictates who delivers their mail, what utilities they get, etc).

Unless it's a duplex it has one address. That dictates which country has legal, read taxing, rights... With regard to the above Cal-Neva, it's legal address is in Nevada, so taxing is under Nevada rules... Obviously, all of the gambling area is on the Nevada side of the lodge...

I found a reference to an opera house / library that straddles the QC/VT border, but no house. The wikipedia article said it actually has two addresses as well.

In most cases yes, but again that one county in Georgia I used as an example gets the "Big 4" from both DMAs, so there are exceptions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Do you know what county? And yes, but it still is because of significantly viewed, not really allowing two DMA's. End result in that case still does not give two complete DMA's.

I know that Directv does offer multiple DMA's to some customers. I have a friend who lives in Perryville, MO (zip code 63775) and he gets both St. Louis DMA and Cape Girardeau, MO/Paducah, KY DMA. He was pretty happy about this, especially when the Rams games would be blacked out in the STL market, but would not be blacked out in the Cape/Paducah market. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/svLocalChannels.jsp?assetId=1200076&_requestid=451857

Incorrect, Direct TV is not giving two DMA's, they are giving significantly viewed, two different things.

Do you know what county? And yes, but it still is because of significantly viewed, not really allowing two DMA's. End result in that case still does not give two complete DMA's.

I made clear in my original post that these situations were because of "Significantly viewed" locals... Call it what you want, but when you get every affiliate from two markets I'd call that two complete DMAs... sure SV Channels are the reason, but they're there...

In addition to their market locals, they get these SV stations:

Capture.jpg

Dish does offer a few SV channels...and some in HD. In all three DMAs in NH, Dish offers WMUR in HD. In the two southern counties of VT, residents receive VT locals in SD plus either the Boston locals in HD or the Albany locals in HD.
Both of those examples are because of the representatives of those states lobbied to get a law passed that the folks in those states get their locals in addition to what Nielsen said was "their" DMA.

The Vermont example was after dish lost the right to import ANY station not in the market (the rule with dish now is they can only offer an imported station if there is no affiliate in the DMA)

Both of those examples are because of the representatives of those states lobbied to get a law passed that the folks in those states get their locals in addition to what Nielsen said was "their" DMA.

The Vermont example was after dish lost the right to import ANY station not in the market (the rule with dish now is they can only offer an imported station if there is no affiliate in the DMA)
Finally someone came out with the reason. I was gonna say just about this but Iceberg just beat me to it.

Nope... ill look it up tonight when I have a moment. the real interesting part is one of the bedrooms is in the "other" country...back in the day when children where born in homes... a few sibblings had different nationalities due to the room they were born in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)