why can't I get WHSM

sp818a

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
I live on the Connecticut massachuttes border and when I scanned I use to get CBS 3 out o Springfield But I no longer get it I am assuming it's because it's because it's some kind of sister station of wfsb 3. Out of Hartford, any way of getting both? Thank you !

I live on the Connecticut massachuttes border and when I scanned I use to get CBS 3 out o Springfield But I no longer get it I am assuming it's because it's because it's some kind of sister station of wfsb 3. Out of Hartford, any way of getting both? Thank you !

Please post your TV Fool report from www.tvfool.com, antenna model and any amps you may be using. :)

I am using winguard leaf antenna not sure how to post my report but it's east wind sor ct 06088

I am sorry I am so inept to all this but longtime lurker and appreciate all the imput through. The years

Oh the transmitter is 27 miles way they might of changed transmitters and that's why i could have stopped getting itI I am sorry for wasting your time! I am putting up a Mohu. Sky on the roof this weekend any opinion?

WSHM-LD is a 6kw low power station,, it broadcasts a high definition digital signal on UHF channel 21 (or virtual channel 3.5 via PSIP) from a transmitter on Ridge Road in Wilbraham. How faw away from there transmitter location are you?
WSHM is the correct call letters and it is low power. Ch 3 from Hartford appears to be closer to you and stronger signal. Looks like you just need a better UHF antenna.

I just realized that I don't get it, and I live in Agawam, right by the station. !!! I also get WFSB OTA. My roof top antenna used to rotate but I believe it finally froze up. If I knew someone who could take a look at it, I'd try and see if I could get more stations. I do get the major stations. When I bought the house in 1991 from my family, my Aunt said, don't take that antenna down we paid a lot for it. I am so glad I listened to her! :clapping The DirectTV installer said I'd never need it (after switching from Dish) I just laughed and said leave it alone!!

I just realized that I don't get it, and I live in Agawam, right by the station. !!!
running a simple tvfool for the zip shows about 12 miles away for it. How you're not getting that station is weird.

When I bought the house in 1991 from my family, my Aunt said, don't take that antenna down we paid a lot for it. !
smart lady ;)

running a simple tvfool for the zip shows about 12 miles away for it. How you're not getting that station is weird.

smart lady ;)

I know,!! :), and like the Thread starter, I believe I used to get it OTA also. Now I get the 3 (or4 not sure) WFSB Power Houses out of Hartford...
I lost 8 out of Ct back when they finally did the switch over to Digital.. .

If the antenna has been up since 91 I wonder if maybe the cabling or the transformer on the antenna is going bad
Being that close to 3.5 (WHSM) you should be able to get it rather easily

8 shows 48 miles away (again on a zip code tvfool) so that is probably why its not coming in

Reactions: Annie61

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts