Why can't I see all the transfer from show on my Hopper

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I have just connected and formatted a 2 TB hard drive. I have successfully transferred a couple hundred shows. My problem is the transfer from screen only shows about 20% of the the 1200 shows on the Hopper. How do I get to see ALL the shows on the Hopper so I can transfer the ones I choose, rather than a choice from the first 20%?

Are you on S234? That is a bug. Wait a few hours and they should show up. If not, reboot the Hopper.

The limit is 999 events. I know how to divide, but it's something you can check.

I don't understand.
The system was telling me there are 1200+ recordings and the disk was 100% full.
I did transfer ~200 recordings to my new 2 GB drive. I am now 84% full.
What do mean by "you know how to divide"? Can you teach me?

What good is 2000 hours of SD if you can only record 999 1 hour shows?
The only series I could get to with ~180 shows was NCIS. I ma sure I have others with more than 50 but I can not get to them in the transfer screen.

There is no recording limit on the internal Hopper drive. He's talking about the limit on the EHDs. Based on my understanding, you are trying to transfer recordings from the internal Hopper drive to an EHD, and not all shows are showing up to transfer? If so, that's a glitch. Just wait a few hours and they should all show up. If not, reboot and they should show up.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

How did this turn out for you? I have the same situation. Was just about to pull my Hopper and install the Hopper with sling and noticed my recordings still had content. Ugh! Also, anyone know if I can continue to copy content from the original hopper to the EHD if it is disconnected from the Dish? Ideally, I would like to get it all set up for PTAT tonight but I am not sure I can get all my recordings transferred in time now since more show up.

EHD goes inactive without a connection to the dish. Have you tried rebooting the Hopper?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I believe that you can only see a certain number of recordings on EHDs. You may have a larger number of recordings actually on the EHD than can be listed.

Again, I believe that OP is talking about the bug on Hopper where not all events on the Hopper itself are visible to transfer in the transfer menu regardless of the contents of the EHD. This is a bug that corrects itself after a few hours or after a reboot. I haven't seen this bug on S238 so if OP is still on S234 then that is why they are seeing this bug.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

On 238 and seeing same thing. Seems most Auto Hop recordings (old and new) would not show up to transfer and many others. Waited several hours, red button reboot, cord reboot, etc. Can't afford to mess with it any longer and will call those program's a loss. Luckily, I have another Hopper so I will have at least some of the PTAT stuff from the last week that will be watchable. Will verify what made it and what didn't after the new Hopper is in. A little disappointed but a receiver swap doesn't ever seem to be straight forward.

Not tested. It seems a number need to transfer some recordings that are still in PTAT.
I suggest protecting those shows to keep and then moving the "retain" time to its minimum.
That should release them within a day so they can be saved to EHD.

Transition times are hard on the archivist but soon it will be over and you will be better for it.

-Ken

Yeah, I agree. If they are PTAT events, you need to wait until they delete from the PTAT partition before you can transfer them to the EHD. That is what I have learned in my experience testing this and transfering PTAT events to my EHD. THey will not appear in the EHD transfer menu until after they delete from the PTAT folder.

There is also a bug where non-PTAT events also cease to show up in the transfer menu until time has passed or a reboot.

I have been busy and haven't been able to play with my Hopper until today.
I am on S238. I did a power off reboot. I still see only about 20% of the recordings on the Hopper from the transfer screen.
The Hopper is now well over 90% full again. I tried to transfer some shows a couple days ago. I got an error but don't remember what it said and haven't looked at it yet (don't even remember what I was trying to transfer.
Please tell Dish to fix this before my Hopper explodes from being to full.

If had the same issue for months now. Even with the latest software version and only 500 recordings, I do not get a full list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts