Why can't they change the number of games in GameMix when less are on?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jake14mw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Central Connecticut
Grrrrrrr....

My same complaint as last year. If there are only 4 late games scheduled, why can't DirecTV change the game mix channel to only show 4 games once all of the early games are done! This way, we could have a much larger picture of each! Does the MLB game mix channel do this at all?

because it would require a complete reprogramming of the active portion of the channel, and there's not a huge benefit to putting that much time and effort into it.

Complete reprogramming? That sounds a little extreme. I'm not asking for much. I think out of the 17 weeks this year, there are about 12 of them where there are 4 or less late games scheduled. On those weeks, have the screen show 4 games instead of 8.

game mix channels aren't as easy as pressing 4 vs. 8. The channel is actually an interactive application running on the box. They would have to come up with new graphics and, yes, reprogram the Active application.

Easily could be done with an "early" mix channel and a "late" mix channel, if they indeed can't change it on the fly.

They obviously can do it, as they often do with tennis and golf.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)