Why Charlie Why?

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Charlie,

You said you don't have room to add new channels and we don't want them anyway. ie) PBS Kids, Ovation, Goodlife, Trio.

But you can squeeze in 2 new shopping channels to add to the other 653 we currently have.

I know they generate revenue but help us out and THROW US A BONE.

And I don't mean Reality TV.

I also noticed in my guide that I'm getting the Travel channel on two channels, 215 & 220, which are both showing the same thing. What's up with that? Is this just a guide/channel move thing? Or does it take up more bandwidth to show the same channel two different channels?

Those shopping channels are probably more compressed than the other channels. Also those shopping channels do not cost him money, they make him money, vs. those channels that you listed that would increase his costs. The company is all about making money. Also there are a number of people out that that would want some or all of those channels that you listed.

I do remember a Charlie Chat where he said he would add at least one channel a month and I think he said he would announce it on the Charlie Chat but this was a few years or so back I believe.

I do believe we will see a bone or two thrown to us in December.

Although the bone may be Reality TV.

Let's hope Charlie has a good holiday present for us. :D

How about some local channels. That is what people want most around here. That would make a nice Christmas present. We need to know local news especially when this flooding hits. The dang local newspapers here dont have their websites working so I cant check the local news for my county anymore.

Stargazer said:
How about some local channels. That is what people want most around here. That would make a nice Christmas present. We need to know local news especially when this flooding hits. The dang local newspapers here dont have their websites working so I cant check the local news for my county anymore.

Here in Chattanooga land that is just what Charlie is giving us, in fact just in time for Thanksgiving. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)