Why did DirecTv stop showing the YES HD feed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This past 4 games versus the Baltimore Orioles were all done by YES HD (from Baltimore in HD). I saw highlights of the games on HDnews but on DirecTv channel 94 is showing zero HD games. I wonder if the Cablevision subscriber got the same treatment. Will this series (Boston) be in HD?

It's a random blackout issue. I've been getting the games, but I've seen reports of both EI and NYC DMA'ers randomly not getting it.

Really annoying, and D* had better have Sunday's game in HD

I just talked to someone higher up at DirecTV and was told the games all aired in HD on DirecTV, however for some unexplainable reason the games have aired on different channels numbers then just channel 94.

He also mentioned the first batch of R15 MPEG4 Receivers will be getting shipped out next week. They will first be available in Detroit.

I don't know how to tell you this, but the Yankee games were on channel 95, not 94. I live in Northeast PA. I was watching some of the games in HD this week. I hope the games with Boston are in HD too.

Very strange because here in NYC on 95 or 94 there was nothing on the guide. So I gave up on it. Unless the PG was showing nothing and one had to tune to 95 in order to see the game. What a bummer?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just talked to someone higher up at DirecTV and was told the games all aired in HD on DirecTV, however for some unexplainable reason the games have aired on different channels numbers then just channel 94.

He also mentioned the first batch of R15 MPEG4 Receivers will be getting shipped out next week. They will first be available in Detroit.

The R15 SD DVR is going to be MPEG4? I thought MPEG4 is just for the new HD stuff?

Well, I missed them all in HD because there were on 95 then. Tonigth's game is on UPN (losers). It will be also on ESPN HD but folks in NYC or Yankees territory will be blacked out due to UPN..

Scott Greczkowski said:

Scott,

I assume you misspoke and meant H20 ?

H

Sean Mota said:
Well, I missed them all in HD because there were on 95 then. Tonigth's game is on UPN (losers). It will be also on ESPN HD but folks in NYC or Yankees territory will be blacked out due to UPN..
I couldn't find the game either ....don't feel bad. I usually look for the game in HD but for some reason when I went through the 90's the game did not come up here in NY.

Was on here in Columbus, Ohio. When I saw the post I figured it was from someone that was either new or lost....when I saw that it was you Sean, I thought oh,oh!

Sean I thought you also had CV. Why did you not just watch it on cable?

I watched the Sox on ESPN, Biggest series to date, NOT in HD.

but the Pittsburgh vs Rutgers football game on the duce WAS in HD

I wonder who makes the decisions on what to do in HD for Espn ???

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I watched the Sox on ESPN, Biggest series to date, NOT in HD.

but the Pittsburgh vs Rutgers football game on the duce WAS in HD

I wonder who makes the decisions on what to do in HD for Espn ???

Jimbo
That's not too suprising to me....and that's just the reason why ESPN and ESPN2 does not excite me at all.

So what gives today. Last game of the Season with big implications for Red Sox (wild card) and Yankees (field advantage) and game is nowhere to be found on channel 94 or 95.

Sean Mota said:
So what gives today. Last game of the Season with big implications for Red Sox (wild card) and Yankees (field advantage) and game is nowhere to be found on channel 94 or 95.

Is it because ESPN has the rights?

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/mlb.php

You know, the league, the RSNs/affiliates have made this a huge problem for the viewers AND the DBS providers. We ALL really need to starr/keep the pressure on the FCC and the leagues to END all this protected market crap.

In this day & age of transplanted fans & viewers and the 500+ channel tech that we now have; just let the viewer decide and pay for what they want, and how they want it, and who they want it from, no matter WHERE they might live in the USA. I mean geez, just provide a great product and service, and let the competition decide what sinks or swims.

charper1 said:
Is it because ESPN has the rights?

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/mlb.php

You know, the league, the RSNs/affiliates have made this a huge problem for the viewers AND the DBS providers. We ALL really need to starr/keep the pressure on the FCC and the leagues to END all this protected market crap.

In this day & age of transplanted fans & viewers and the 500+ channel tech that we now have; just let the viewer decide and pay for what they want, and how they want it, and who they want it from, no matter WHERE they might live in the USA. I mean geez, just provide a great product and service, and let the competition decide what sinks or swims.

YES has the right today. Not ESPN. Since YES has the right and I am in their Region I am supposed to see IT whether ESPN decides to re-broadcast or not. YES has primary right over this one NOT ESPN. DIRECTV AGAIN DID IT TO US. INEXCUSABLE.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)