Why didn’t my show record?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I just noticed that The Neighborhood wasn’t in my recordings folder and there was a new episode last night. So when I go to the schedule for last night I noticed it says “not applicable “ for recording started and stopped. Has anyone else ever noticed this? It’s obviously in reference to the fact that nothing recorded. But I would like to know why. I had 6 other shows that recorded just fine and one of those other 6 was during the same time slot as The Neighborhood.

It happens. I have like 50 episodes of How's It Made from yesterday because every episode is marked as a new episode. I guess Dish outsources guide data and they often screw up.

I just noticed that The Neighborhood wasn’t in my recordings folder and there was a new episode last night. So when I go to the schedule for last night I noticed it says “not applicable “ for recording started and stopped. Has anyone else ever noticed this? It’s obviously in reference to the fact that nothing recorded. But I would like to know why. I had 6 other shows that recorded just fine and one of those other 6 was during the same time slot as The Neighborhood.

Hello, smokey982. That is definitely quite weird that it would record 6 other shows but not The Neighborhood. Normally if it were skipping due to it being listed as a re-run it would actually display that under the reason why it was skipped. Do you happen to have Prime Time Anytime enabled? If so, was this recording setup part of it? - Caleb S

Hello, smokey982. That is definitely quite weird that it would record 6 other shows but not The Neighborhood. Normally if it were skipping due to it being listed as a re-run it would actually display that under the reason why it was skipped. Do you happen to have Prime Time Anytime enabled? If so, was this recording setup part of it? - Caleb S

No, prime time anytime was not enabled. I have a specific timer set for all new episodes.

This has happened to me at various times and it has always been one of the local channels. When I record the prime time shows on my Hopper 3 I am usually at home so I double check the schedule to make sure they are recording and if a show isn't recording I go to the channel that is suppose to be recorded and it will always be a black screen if I switch over to the SD channel it will show the program so I stop the HD recording that is not recording and start recording the SD channel. Like I said it has only happened with local HD channels and it is every once in a while not only at prime time but also during local news broadcasts.

No, prime time anytime was not enabled. I have a specific timer set for all new episodes.
Will you go into the diagnostics screen and check if there were any errors with the hard drive recently, please? Here are the steps: Press the Home button on the Hopper remote 3 times, then select Status> Check Status> Yes. It will show if there were any failures in the "D Hard Drive Status" section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)