why do channels not show up in the guide???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
there are several channels that do not show up in my guide even though I was receiving them until the special offer expired.

Paladia, Velocity, PIXL HD do not show in my guide. Neither does the pentagon channel. System is set for all channels but they
do not appear in the map down area.

go to the point dish section of the menu and see what signal levels are for the 61.5 satellite, transponder 14. pentagon should be on channel 9405 and should be in your list but the other channels you mentioned might not show unless you subscribe to the BB@H pack.

there are several channels that do not show up in my guide even though I was receiving them until the special offer expired.

Paladia, Velocity, PIXL HD do not show in my guide. Neither does the pentagon channel. System is set for all channels but they
do not appear in the map down area.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm confused...So you received channels thru a special offer and now that the offer has expired you aren't receiving the channels anymore but you want to know why you aren't getting them anymore?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm confused...So you received channels thru a special offer and now that the offer has expired you aren't receiving the channels anymore but you want to know why you aren't getting them anymore?

Kids...Who needs them!!

On a unrelated note my wife & I are both the oldest out of both of our clans sibling wise. She has 3 sisters & I have 3 sisters & a brother, they all have kids yet after 20 yrs we are still happy without any. :) As far as pay TV is concerned it is not a high priority for us, thank goodness.

I just took it to mean he was asking why some non-subscribed channels show up in the all-channels guide, but some don't. Which is a perfectly logical question, to which the answer is, nobody knows what the hell Dish is using for logic, not even Dish sometimes!

I don't know why they would want to hide them from view either.Simple logic would dictate that customers scrolling through the guide being able to see whats on those channels in red or green might be enticed to subscribe to them.The more eyes that see them the more potential subs.If they keep them hidden many customers won't have a clue that they even exist.

Well my point wasn't just that, it was also that there's no consistency as to what appears in the guide and what doesn't! The latest example: my free year of Starz just ran out. Everything disappeared except for Starz Black, which is still there but in green. Why just Starz Black? Why not the main channel, or the whole package? (Note: I didn't check the 4-digit channels, if Starz even has 4-digit channels, but even if they're there, this one, with 3 digits, is still an anomaly.)

On a unrelated note my wife & I are both the oldest out of both of our clans sibling wise. She has 3 sisters & I have 3 sisters & a brother, they all have kids yet after 20 yrs we are still happy without any. :) As far as pay TV is concerned it is not a high priority for us, thank goodness.
On a more unrelated note, I was the oldest of 4 kids, my wife was 3rd out of 4 kids. We were happy being kid free for 10 years of marriage and then one kid was more than enough for us.

I think part of the "logic" is that map-downs seem to appear only if you are subscribed at least on my 922.

JimS is exactly correct. On any receiver from Dish I have had all these years, it has been the same. Some channels appear in the guide either actual number or mapdown that you don't subscribe to, and some don't. Until recently some of the premium movie channels would appear as green, others not at all. From reading posts, apparantly the BB channels do not appear if you do not subscribe.

Last edited:
JimS is exactly correct. On any receiver from Dish I have had all these years, it has been the same. For no apparent reason some channels appear in the guide that you don't subscribe to, and some don't.

Well it didn't used to be that way.I suppose they hide them to save b/width or something but years ago every channel whether subbed or not was in the guide unless you hid or blocked them yourself.

No sir, not true. For instance the RSN's have not been in the guide if you did not subscribe to the sports pack. Showtime and Starz was never was in my guide till the last few years, Max however was. (I always had HBO so don't know about that) Before I got the Superstations they were not in my guide. Have had them for a long time now, so at this time I do not know if you see them if you do not subscribe. I do think regular package channels have been in the guide as red if not in your package however.

Last edited:
Dan188 do you subscribe to the superstations? If not, is channel 235 in your guide? Is channel 246 in your guide? I know Superstations have never been in the guide if you do not subscribe, it was always discussed because people didn't even know they existed till they came to the forums. I just don't know if that has changed. And channel 246 is AAD, I can't imagine that shows up, it never did unless you subscribe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts