Why do Dish techs lie?????

strange how you deleted my post but leave stand mr stone phillips post, that refersl me and everyone that works with me, monkey liars.

some of us monkey liars try our best to help out people here and this is how we are addressed and its allowed to stand.

fair enough in your world i guess.

peace out

WTF? I deleted nothing I am Kevinw not Iceberg who actually moderated the posts. So scooter you need to read more carefully.
I for one have never had a foriegn CS person.To tell the truth the worst CSR has been from West Virginia. I personally have rarely had issues with CSRs and when I do skip directly to tech support. Tech support has always been AMERICANS and have always done there best ot take care of issues.

Hey Stone, its Iceberg that originally deleted your posts, Not Kevin....and now I deleted one..>Guys try to keep this thread clean of personal attacks. Thanks for understanding.

Do Dish Techs think everyone is a moron and will just take there word as the absolute truth? My 622 went out this morning you know the old "Acquiring satellite signal" thing so I went through the same routine we all go through reset, wait, check switch, wait, unplug, wait after about 5 or 6 times of this it is still searching for that magical satellite signal so I breakdown and call the dreaded 1-800 number explain all that I have done, tell them I used to install satellite dishes I am not an idiot They tell me that it is in the connection between my 622 and the dish and they will send someone out. Stupid me said ok and hung up. then I thought for a second my 322 works fine why not swap receivers and see what happens well the 322 works fine where the 622 was and the 622 still does not work in either location. Call dish back up too tell them so they can send a new receiver, here is where it gets funny they tell me that the cable from the 622 is different then the cable from the 322 :confused: I am stunned and ask her what she means, she said since the 622 is a HD receiver it has a different cable going to the dish. I said you have got to be kidding me do you really expect me to believe that? First of all my 622 receiver has not always been in this room my 322 used to be untill we had a pie burst in the wall got all of our carpet wet, got new carpet liked it better than the other room so I moved the bigscreen in here with the 622 took the 322 and the little TV to the other room everything has been working great that was almost a year ago and I did not run a "special" cable to the dish. Needless to say you can not win with these people they want to send there "Techs" out and look at it that will be next Wed. before they get here then they will find the same thing I did 622 dead and I will have to wait another week to get a new one. Why Why Why are we treated like stupid morons and lied to? is Direct this bad? sorry to rant but Dish just really pissed me off this morning and I needed to rant a little thanks for listening any one else had problems with them? (I know that is a stupid question):rolleyes:

So you used to install satellite yet you can't troubleshoot your own service call?

:rolleyes:

So you used to install satellite yet you can't troubleshoot your own service call?

:rolleyes:
O sorry I am not a god like you sometimes you can only go so far and then you have to ask for help. I am not to proud to to ask for it when I need it if you took the the time to read I did trouble shoot everything possible the only thing left is the receiver so yes I did take care of my service call when I got to that point I called to see if there was something I did not know because I am not perfect Like you! Dish techs don't know all of the answers either I reset the receiver to factory defaults and it started working something no tech told me to do but I guess you probably already knew that! No one knows everything that is why this great sight was created for people to help other people out not to dog them because they don't know something. And for your info I installed for D* not Dish they are close but not exactly alike. I bet you do not know where the first DSS was sold to the public and where it was sold and who installed it do you? If you ever want to know just ask me cause I was there doing it.

Sorry, but you entitle your thread to slam Dish techs so when you claim to have been a tech and yet you can't figure to swap receivers as part of a normal troubleshooting procedure, it raises questions.

You don't have to be a god or a super genius to figure out that you can swap receiver locations to more accurately determine if the problem is a cable or dish issue or a receiver issue. You must have been one hell of a tech.

Sorry, but you entitle your thread to slam Dish techs so when you claim to have been a tech and yet you can't figure to swap receivers as part of a normal troubleshooting procedure, it raises questions.

You don't have to be a god or a super genius to figure out that you can swap receiver locations to more accurately determine if the problem is a cable or dish issue or a receiver issue. You must have been one hell of a tech.
Sorry if I came across too hard but I did swap receivers in my house and it proved that my 622 was bad I told dish this and that is when they told me about this "magic cable" that goes from your hd receiver to your dish and swapping a sd with a hd receiver did not prove anything. This is why I posted why dish techs lie. If you are an installer you know the cables are the same and either receiver will work in either place. This is the point I was trying to make. When a CSR or Tech on line tells you something as outrageous as this you just have to let other people know. I don't like to get into pissing contest with people about who knows more. I was a good installer who took very good care of my customers there were installers who were worst than me and there are some that were better. So lets end this stupid pissing contest and just agree that no one knows everything and there is always someone out there who knows more.:)
Peace

Same problem.

Sorry to cut in here.

I was/am having a similar problem to that of the O.P.

My original set up included a Dish 1000 feeding into a VIP622 and a VIP211.
The problem manifested on the 622 which became stuck on screen 015 "Acquiring Satellite Signal" never making it past step 3 of 5, while the VIP211 worked perfectly. So like the O.P. I immediately assumed I had malfunctioning 622.

Called Dish, they walked me through the usual steps, everything checked out OK but still couldn't get past the 015 screen, the friendly tech told me he had to check with supervisor, after a while he came back on and had me run the checks again just to double check. No dice, still stuck on 015.

So they sent out a tech who, checked the dish, checked the cables, checked the receiver, ran check switch tests, checked connections, and eventually decided as a last measure to switch out the cable from the wall barrel to the dish itself, nope still stuck on 015.

The guy goes to his truck and brings in a new 622 and tells me he's going to replace mine because it's faulty. I ask him if it would be possible to just leave the unit with me or have dish send me one and have me hook it up because I need to transfer all my saved recordings from the old 622, nope he says they can't do that. So I tell him not to replace it and that I will call dish, so the guy just walks out the door and disappears while I sit there expecting him to leave a report of what he did.

I call and reschedule, get a new window for two days later. In the meantime I'm having a hard time getting the recorded stuff off the 622 due to a corrupted file. By the time the second tech shows up I still haven't finished transferring all the stuff out of it.

Second tech is more amicable and agrees to go ahead and install new 622 and leave the old one to give me enough time to transfer recorded stuff and send it in myself to DN. As it turns out he's fresh out of 622's because he's replaced a couple that same day, so he leaves me with a 722. Needless to say I'm happy about this and give the guy a tip and a big thank you before he leaves.

Cut forward to a day later (yesturday/monday) and low and behold the 722 is having the exact same problem as the 622 while the 211 is working perfectly.

Out of frustration I spend the better part of two hours searching various forums for someone with a similar problem. I come across various possibilities; big tree in LOS of the dish which has just exploded with foliage, I wore myself out trimming a good number of branches, I try to peak the dish to get better reception out of the 129 satellite as I'm in the low 40's, nothing works.

Finally defeated, I figure I'll give dish another call later today. As I wind down for bed I decide to do another search and come across the O.P.'s post and try out the same fix he did and reset the receiver to factory defaults and wham problem solved.

You guys think this problem might have something to do with the new software? L5.11, which I have on the new 722, not sure about the 622 will check and post here once done transferring stuff out of it.

Sorry about the long winded post.

Thanks for starting this thread TVfreak, I was about to pull my hair out.

Hey Neoplasm sorry to hear you are having the same problem I feel you pain! The good news is we are not alone and I don't mean aliens! well maybe there are aliens anyway I read in another post that several other 622s went down after this and I think some 722s as well. They say that after you default everything and don't add your OTA locals back everything will work, but this is a temp fix Dish needs to fix this software flub. I am going to have a tech out tomorrow to install another dish to hit the 61.5 sat so I can get locals in Hd from Dish. If I find out anything new after he leaves I'll let you know. You said that your tech had another 622 to give you. Dish told me that techs do not carry extra receivers and if the tech finds mine bad I would have to call Dish and order a new one. Maybe Dish just misinformed me again!

I use to be a Dish CSR back in the good old days when Dish cared. We had weekly traning meetings. Today Dish does not care and this comes from their stupid book keepers. Dish dos not spend the amount of money they used to to help their folks in the customer service center. I wish Dish would up the amount of funds available for Customer Service.

I do not know when the CSR department became second rate at Dish.

Do Dish Techs think everyone is a moron and will just take there word as the absolute truth? My 622 went out this morning you know the old "Acquiring satellite signal" thing so I went through the same routine we all go through reset, wait, check switch, wait, unplug, wait after about 5 or 6 times of this it is still searching for that magical satellite signal so I breakdown and call the dreaded 1-800 number explain all that I have done, tell them I used to install satellite dishes I am not an idiot They tell me that it is in the connection between my 622 and the dish and they will send someone out. Stupid me said ok and hung up. then I thought for a second my 322 works fine why not swap receivers and see what happens well the 322 works fine where the 622 was and the 622 still does not work in either location. Call dish back up too tell them so they can send a new receiver, here is where it gets funny they tell me that the cable from the 622 is different then the cable from the 322 :confused: I am stunned and ask her what she means, she said since the 622 is a HD receiver it has a different cable going to the dish. I said you have got to be kidding me do you really expect me to believe that? First of all my 622 receiver has not always been in this room my 322 used to be untill we had a pie burst in the wall got all of our carpet wet, got new carpet liked it better than the other room so I moved the bigscreen in here with the 622 took the 322 and the little TV to the other room everything has been working great that was almost a year ago and I did not run a "special" cable to the dish. Needless to say you can not win with these people they want to send there "Techs" out and look at it that will be next Wed. before they get here then they will find the same thing I did 622 dead and I will have to wait another week to get a new one. Why Why Why are we treated like stupid morons and lied to? is Direct this bad? sorry to rant but Dish just really pissed me off this morning and I needed to rant a little thanks for listening any one else had problems with them? (I know that is a stupid question):rolleyes:
Be careful.. That was not a tech you were speaking with. That was a technical service rep. We in the field are technicians.
Now, to your main point. Yes sometimes you'll get an inexperinced person on the phone who knows some stuff. They know just enough to make them "dangerous".

This guy started out on the wrong foot by labeling techs when he was speaking of a CSR..After that, his case went downhill.
I am not going to bother with this guy any longer.

Sorry to cut in here.

I was/am having a similar problem to that of the O.P.

My original set up included a Dish 1000 feeding into a VIP622 and a VIP211.
The problem manifested on the 622 which became stuck on screen 015 "Acquiring Satellite Signal" never making it past step 3 of 5, while the VIP211 worked perfectly. So like the O.P. I immediately assumed I had malfunctioning 622.

Called Dish, they walked me through the usual steps, everything checked out OK but still couldn't get past the 015 screen, the friendly tech told me he had to check with supervisor, after a while he came back on and had me run the checks again just to double check. No dice, still stuck on 015.

So they sent out a tech who, checked the dish, checked the cables, checked the receiver, ran check switch tests, checked connections, and eventually decided as a last measure to switch out the cable from the wall barrel to the dish itself, nope still stuck on 015.

The guy goes to his truck and brings in a new 622 and tells me he's going to replace mine because it's faulty. I ask him if it would be possible to just leave the unit with me or have dish send me one and have me hook it up because I need to transfer all my saved recordings from the old 622, nope he says they can't do that. So I tell him not to replace it and that I will call dish, so the guy just walks out the door and disappears while I sit there expecting him to leave a report of what he did.

I call and reschedule, get a new window for two days later. In the meantime I'm having a hard time getting the recorded stuff off the 622 due to a corrupted file. By the time the second tech shows up I still haven't finished transferring all the stuff out of it.

Second tech is more amicable and agrees to go ahead and install new 622 and leave the old one to give me enough time to transfer recorded stuff and send it in myself to DN. As it turns out he's fresh out of 622's because he's replaced a couple that same day, so he leaves me with a 722. Needless to say I'm happy about this and give the guy a tip and a big thank you before he leaves.

Cut forward to a day later (yesturday/monday) and low and behold the 722 is having the exact same problem as the 622 while the 211 is working perfectly.

Out of frustration I spend the better part of two hours searching various forums for someone with a similar problem. I come across various possibilities; big tree in LOS of the dish which has just exploded with foliage, I wore myself out trimming a good number of branches, I try to peak the dish to get better reception out of the 129 satellite as I'm in the low 40's, nothing works.

Finally defeated, I figure I'll give dish another call later today. As I wind down for bed I decide to do another search and come across the O.P.'s post and try out the same fix he did and reset the receiver to factory defaults and wham problem solved.

You guys think this problem might have something to do with the new software? L5.11, which I have on the new 722, not sure about the 622 will check and post here once done transferring stuff out of it.

Sorry about the long winded post.

Thanks for starting this thread TVfreak, I was about to pull my hair out.
ok..I see a few issues here.....First the tech cannot leave a receiver behind without activating it. And to activate it ,it must be installed. Second, we cannot leave behind the replaced unit because Dish will not pay us for the service call if we do not send back the bad unit.

Next..The signals you're getting off the 129 are not optimum but they are serviceable. That means you'll see little to any rain fade but the dish needs to be tweaked to pull the signals up a bit. However this is not the cause of your 62 /722 issue..Now in reading this I have narrowed this down a bit. If possible move a dual tuner receiver to the DVR location and see if the problem persists. If all is not well we are down to three things. The switch (DPP44) if you are viewing 4 orbital slots. The other issues could be the run pf cable from the ground to the receiver. Or it could be the ground block( not likley) itself.
Now if the receiver you moved works in the location in question, obviouisly the 622/722 is NG....

I use to be a Dish CSR back in the good old days when Dish cared. We had weekly traning meetings. Today Dish does not care and this comes from their stupid book keepers. Dish dos not spend the amount of money they used to to help their folks in the customer service center. I wish Dish would up the amount of funds available for Customer Service.

I do not know when the CSR department became second rate at Dish.

It seems the training of the newer CSR's is just enough to get by.

ok..I see a few issues here.....First the tech cannot leave a receiver behind without activating it. And to activate it ,it must be installed. Second, we cannot leave behind the replaced unit because Dish will not pay us for the service call if we do not send back the bad unit.

Next..The signals you're getting off the 129 are not optimum but they are serviceable. That means you'll see little to any rain fade but the dish needs to be tweaked to pull the signals up a bit. However this is not the cause of your 62 /722 issue..Now in reading this I have narrowed this down a bit. If possible move a dual tuner receiver to the DVR location and see if the problem persists. If all is not well we are down to three things. The switch (DPP44) if you are viewing 4 orbital slots. The other issues could be the run pf cable from the ground to the receiver. Or it could be the ground block( not likley) itself.
Now if the receiver you moved works in the location in question, obviouisly the 622/722 is NG....

Couldn't be a bad separator, they never go bad!!!!!

fred

Whats big deal if a tech comes out?? wouldn't a tech bring a 622 out and if needed replacing it if needed?
I've had nothing but good luck with techs. Whether they be Dish, Comcast, or Sprint. When I had my 522 upgraded to a 722 several months ago the tech and I found that my other 322 wasn't working properly. He replaced it on the spot. No hassle, no "It's not on the workorder so I can't do it" excuse. Just good service. Comcast was just out to install new internet (and I'm trying their TV service as well - to compare to Dish). Excellent workmanship on the install. Two days later a Comcast supervisor came out to make sure things were working for me and to verify the installation workmanship.

My Sprint fixed wireless tech was good too. So good that I haven't seem him in forever. The initial install has lasted over 8 years with no problems.

I have no complaints about Dish or Comcast or Sprint techs. None. I can tell you from experience, that you do have to play CSR roulette with Dish. And also with Comcast. And also with Sprint. That's just the way it is. I don't think they're lying. They're just ignorant about their product (ignorant is not a derogatory term, it just means "they don't know").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)