Why do Dish techs lie?????

TVfreak

Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Do Dish Techs think everyone is a moron and will just take there word as the absolute truth? My 622 went out this morning you know the old "Acquiring satellite signal" thing so I went through the same routine we all go through reset, wait, check switch, wait, unplug, wait after about 5 or 6 times of this it is still searching for that magical satellite signal so I breakdown and call the dreaded 1-800 number explain all that I have done, tell them I used to install satellite dishes I am not an idiot They tell me that it is in the connection between my 622 and the dish and they will send someone out. Stupid me said ok and hung up. then I thought for a second my 322 works fine why not swap receivers and see what happens well the 322 works fine where the 622 was and the 622 still does not work in either location. Call dish back up too tell them so they can send a new receiver, here is where it gets funny they tell me that the cable from the 622 is different then the cable from the 322 :confused: I am stunned and ask her what she means, she said since the 622 is a HD receiver it has a different cable going to the dish. I said you have got to be kidding me do you really expect me to believe that? First of all my 622 receiver has not always been in this room my 322 used to be untill we had a pie burst in the wall got all of our carpet wet, got new carpet liked it better than the other room so I moved the bigscreen in here with the 622 took the 322 and the little TV to the other room everything has been working great that was almost a year ago and I did not run a "special" cable to the dish. Needless to say you can not win with these people they want to send there "Techs" out and look at it that will be next Wed. before they get here then they will find the same thing I did 622 dead and I will have to wait another week to get a new one. Why Why Why are we treated like stupid morons and lied to? is Direct this bad? sorry to rant but Dish just really pissed me off this morning and I needed to rant a little thanks for listening any one else had problems with them? (I know that is a stupid question):rolleyes:

Yep wife's cooking is hell!!!

i dont know if its really so much that they are lying. I think it has more to do with simple ignorance. CSR's are not techies.

call center churn, outsourcing, blah blah blah.

its like that with every big company now a days.

getting a knowlegeable CSR is hit and miss just like it is getting a good installation tech.

thats life in the modern world. you could always convert to amish....

point taken! I guess things just change when I installed for D* we were required to go to classes and keep up with everything new I guess Big business don't care anymore they just want your money. I guess i just have bad luck getting a good CSR the ones I get are usually as bright as a blown light bulb on a Christmas tree in the middle of a black out.

listen to the prompts and select tech support instead of customer support. or if you get an idiot ask to be transferred to a technical support representative
thanks for the info I don't call them very often so I'm kinda dumb on that but I did get a good tech finally she tried everything re hit the receiver and some more stuff still no good guess the 622 is just gone RIP Thanks for everyones help

just playing devil's advocate here but, the person you talked to has no way of knowing if you really have tried what you say you tried. In my experience in tech support (and thankfully that's not my primary job) the number one rule is: The user always lies. A good tech can weed through what the user says and determine if he thinks the user has done things satisfactory.
HOWEVER, there is NO reason for the TECH or the CSR to lie. that is unexcusebale

Yall need to lighten up. My suggestion is if you do not sub to DISH and only have negative things to say- post in the war zone please.

kevinw, the only negative thing i have to say about *ish I and many others are dumb enough to have *ish as our tv provider yet at the 1st hint of a problem you call 18883333474 and time after time you get sent to an indian call center which surprisinly only hires indians with american sounding names lol

check my sig

Yall need to lighten up. My suggestion is if you do not sub to DISH and only have negative things to say- post in the war zone please.

strange how you deleted my post but leave stand mr stone phillips post, that refersl me and everyone that works with me, monkey liars.

some of us monkey liars try our best to help out people here and this is how we are addressed and its allowed to stand.

fair enough in your world i guess.

peace out

kevinw, the only negative thing i have to say about *ish I and many others are dumb enough to have *ish as our tv provider yet at the 1st hint of a problem you call 18883333474 and time after time you get sent to an indian call center which surprisinly only hires indians with american sounding names lol
There is absolutely no doubt that if you call Customer Service, the call center in India gets you someone who is more intelligent and better educated than if you reach an equivalent call center in the U.S.

The problem is that the Call Centers now handle calls from several different companies, so all the "support" calls from matching your question to a computerized list of possible questions.

You will never get anyone who understands details, unless you contact Tech Support.

And by the way, the word "lie" is constantly misused these days.

A "lie" is when someone intentionally tells you something that is false. Human beings are contantly mistaken - that is not a "lie".

I stand by my previous statement and always will, you have your opinion and i have mine which i believe to be a fact:cool:
jeez wakeup nothing *ish does is a mistake !

FIXED IT!!!!!!!!! I was just messing around with it and reset it to factory defaults, reboot and wham it started working!! go figure that. The reason I said lie is there is no such thing as a "magic" cable for the HD receivers the cables are the same for the SD and HD RG6 coax if the tech or CSR people did not know this then they need to go to some class and learn more about the product they are supposed to be helping people with. If they know that there is no such thing they don't need to use some stupid made up excuse just to get a customer off the phone. D* has problems with CSRs just like dish. I used to install for D* so I have dealt with both companies. My intention was not to rock the boat between D* & E*. Like topcat said big business CSRs are not techs but in my opinion anyone that answers the phone for a company should be a little educated about their product dish, D*, cable, etc. If the person I talked to just made a mistake then I am sorry that I used the word "LIE" my mistake, if not then shame on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts