Why do I have Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It would be interesting if they changed the model, like some utility companies do... one price for product and one price for distribution. If they charged simply for straight-up distribution that would be legal, if they charged for the content without paying content generator, that'd be another and illegal.

If the FCC got involved, it would be possible to derive a cost per GB or TB for transmission plus an overhead and they could tell third parties, this is legal, but this is the limit. If you go DVR or charge more than the limit, then you need to deal directly with the stations.

There is a viable public need for this type of service. But this would require bureaucracy to evolve. I think the big trouble is the company is playing under a "loophole" and courts can pretend to ignore loopholes all they decide to. And these companies are way too small to out lobby the conglomerate networks. Locast should be teaming with Sat and Cable to make this legal in DC.

Added Youtube TV (using our Apple TV) and now back watching SF Bay Area regional sports. Quality is really good. I might get used to this….

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts