Why Do I have Trouble Getting 110 when 119 comes in at 100+ on Dish 500 Pro LNB

kasitrol@yahoo.com

Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
I have a problem seeing the 110 bird. I have 119 tuned in with a 100+ signal but I can't get 110 at all. My 311 shows wrong Sat. on signal strength meter. This is a dish 500 with Dish Pro Twin LNB. Two 311's are fed from LNB.

Setup shows 119 Green and 110 Red with an X. Have tried EL adjustment, and Az adjustment and SK. Stats are 206 AZ 48 EL and 119. SK There are a lot of trees but I am still puzzled why I get 119 so well and no 110. I checked the LNB's and 311's at another location and the work ok. I have been all over the sky but no 110.

Any Suggestions?????

Last edited:
If your mast is level, and your settings on the dish are correct. The only reason that you would have 119 and not 110 is if something is in the way.

Now you say you have a DP Dual. Are you sure it's not a DP Twin? A dual has only 1 eye and will only pickup one sat, with two outputs. A twin has two eyes with two outputs, so it picks up two sats.

Kasitrol,

If you have a twin lnb, it could also be the aim is off by 9 degrees, and the side marked 110 is seeing 119 and the side marked 119 is seeing 129. An old trick is to cover the 110 side of the lnb with aluminum foil, and re-aim for the 119.

Miner

119 is lower on the horizon, and usually harder to get. I have ran into a lot of times over the years however, where surprisingly 119 worked great but no 110 because of a tree. Also like Miner said, you could be off just enough where 119 is being received by the 110 LNB.

Did you ever get it figured out Kasitrol?

Hey Guys,

I did not have time this weekend to work on the problem. I will try Minors suggestion and I do appreciate the feedback. I will let you know the result.

Well guys success at last!!!

I took Minors suggestion and covered the LNB for 119 and tuned for 110. The location of the tripod and dish had to be changed but I finally got a signal on 110 about 75 0n the meter. Pretty good considering the place is loaded with trees.

Ke4est, your suggestions were a big help also. It gave me the range in which to look. I now have both sats.

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts