WHY do motors always die at 11pm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Now I'm stuck halfway btween G18 and who knows where, Scanned in a bunch of channels Ive never seen before, and most of 'em are Irdeto
CCTV Opera, CCTV ENT, Beijing, Shanghai, TVS, Hunan, CZTV , XiaMen
Restaurancion? Who ever heard of these channels. I hope my dish didnt go berzerk and run way off the east end like 23degrees or something. Too dang cold to go outside and look now. This always happens to me on a Saturday or Sunday ,lol, when you can't get parts for nothing.
Oh well, I got c-band and AMC6C, and as of today, a fixed dish on AMC15 (which right now has NOTHING) .
Come Monday I'm ordering at least TWO motors. Or one motor and one actuator.

LOL I thought it must be Satmex 12 or something like that. I kept running it back and forth with the GI 550 analog motor controller/IRD, and hit 121 found the dishpointer screen. and then limped it back to 123 so Im quitting for now. Kept running it back and forth to amc6, to be sure I ground that cheap superjack actuator tube into powder. BBWWAAAHAA HAAAAAAHAAAA. I bet when I look tomorrow it has split that little clip thing that holds the tube to the turning-gear part of the motor just like the last one (this one WAS my backup, and it was at least 10yrs old so I didn't lose much!)
It's still FREE TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't beat free..:D

it should be some religious channel - restauracion means "restoration", probably like "restoring" or forgiving ones soul when they have strayed.

Lak7 that was a great answer , lol!
I fixed it-not broken after all. AND, it was not a superjack either. It had broken a month or so back, so I put on the old backup, which says "Acme" on the worn off label. Maybe ol Wile E. Coyote knew something about those Acme products. The bolt that held the upper end of the actuator actually dropped the nut-all that back and forth worked it loose and it fell to the ground. The mount itself is still stiff enough that it didn't fall, go figure! I finally put a lock nut on it now, smart of me to forget to check my bolts sometimes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts