why do some channels not switch immediately?

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
The sports channels(400s) do not switch right after typing the number in. My universal remote has an equivalent for the select on the Dish remote, but it is not a quick process(really only use this remote for DVD player, but sometimes it is the only one I grab). Is there any reason this happens?
If you have no clue what I'm talking about, just hit 402(if you have platinum HD), or your RSN(400 channels) and do not hit select. Notice how long it takes. Then punch in a normal channel.

The receiver is waiting for an optional fourth digit as you suspect. No, you can't change it; all you can do is press select.

Why does it not wait though on a channel in the 100 section, the 200 section, or the 300 section as well?

Why does it not wait though on a channel in the 100 section, the 200 section, or the 300 section as well?

It could be that is because DISH does not have channels in the 1000, 2000 or 3000 ranges. There are channels in the 4000 range however. The receiver may sense this and know that a fourth digit would not produce a channel in the system and tunes to the channel after three digits have been entered.

This is a guess on my part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts