Why do you subscribe to locals? (Old)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

why do you pay for locals? (Please Vote Again)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i had the same problem, i just adjusted the recordings to add a few mins to the end of the programs.

It's not so much the guide info is off but the networks not exactly starting and stopping right at the hour. This is true of Heroes. If you don't have HD for locals, as I don't, and DVR Heroes and CSI Miami OTA, it won't matter what you put for adding minutes to Heroes...it ain't gonna happen.

I didn't do the poll but I subscribe to locals so I can setup the DVR through the guide, especially for New Episodes. You can't setup manually New Epsiodes only.

It is too hard to program a dvr without guide data and Dish has us by the privates. Overall, I would prefer Nationals. I donot watch the local news. I read the newspaper for that. With the locals lobbying Congress, we4 will never see Nationals. I think they should shutdown all broadcasters and send network programs via cable and Sat. What a waste of money. 1551 channels instead of four or five.

Just another poll with inadequate choices.
I want to watch local news and weather, this is a 2)
I want to watch network programming, this is a 1)
I want to be able to record more than one program at any one time, what programs? I would assume a 1)
I can't get locals OTA, I would think a 1)
I want guide info for advance recording situations still a 1)

Perhaps a poll would be more useful if better thought out and ability to check multiple choices.

Sorry, I'm in a grumpy mood today.............

no problem.
my original question that I was wondering was more along the lines of "do you subscribe to locals, because you have to, to get the ABC , NBC type of programming?"

all the rest are just extensions of that.

Last edited:
I voted guide info. very helpful when you have a dvr. worth the $5 in my opinion.

Reset Poll please re-vote... for the record here is what the totals were before reset:

really want 'national' programs but am stuck getting them from 'local' provider 25
want 'local' information 31
some other reason 18
Guide info 7

Reset Poll please re-vote... for the record here is what the totals were before reset:

really want 'national' programs but am stuck getting them from 'local' provider 25
want 'local' information 31
some other reason 18
Guide info 7

It tells me I already voted.

I want number one- HD LOCALS so I can record ALL of my network shows in hd. I "moved" to get them. Number two guide information for my real locals so I can record on them for hd as well, for a total of 3 things at a time. Once the 722k comes in I will want it for 4 things at a time.

1551 channels instead of four or five.
Heh, I'd bet the satellite and cablecos would LOVE to see that option ! I wonder if at the same time, we'd have the option for the west coast stations too ? Those are real handy for people in the east in case you miss a program. Of course, people on the west coast have little use for NY stations.

Personally, I could probably live with it. We do watch the local news, but if it meant flipping to a different input and using the OTA digital set-top, so be it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts