Why do you subscribe to locals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
I'm wondering why anyone would subscribe to local programming?

Is it to get "local' information, (like you should get from a newspaper)
or is it to get "national' programs? (like we used to do before SHVIA)

Can use 'other' for 'both'

Sorry "guide data" people. you could use 'local' or 'national' depending on WHY you are using the guide...

Just to get local info in the guide so I can DVR stuff easier. I don't want to tell my wife that she has to look in the paper, find the local program and what time it's on, and then set the DVR to record based on that timed event.

OR... how to set it up to record to DVDRW with the antenna connected directly to the TV.

Much easier to just click on something and say, "Record this" :)

I am only interested in the national broadcasts. The local broadcasts are a waste of time.

"Coming up at 10 on eyewitness news, a dog that can jump through hoops! And later, we will tell you what you need to know about the herpes outbreak in the armadillo population; should you be worried? In our top news story, Dish Network dropped us after we asked for a paltry 75 cents per subscriber..."

For local news, local weather alerts, local sports, can't get but one local OTA even with outdoor antenna. Could care less about national programming via local or national channels.... it's mainly a lot of commercial inundated junk with a smattering of decent programs.... I usually wait for commercial free DVD's of the good stuff.

1. Guide info.
2. The ABC affiliate reduces power for the digital signal in my direction, so that it doesn't hammer the signal from another market. If I want ABC reliably, for things like college football, I need the satellite broadcast.

There is one PBS station 20 miles away from me. That is the only OTA broadcast in my area...at all. Though with my PS3 and PlayOn I am wondering if I can do without and just stream all my shows...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)