Why does dish keep recording their crappy July event thing on my HDD?

... as usual, you're on your game . Any way to delete both of your folks with one click .... LOL

Seems about all you two really do is lurk around and post rather snide comments. I have to wonder what you point is or if it is a total lack of a point.

Almost all the folks around here are very helpful and quite knowledgeable - pay attention and you may learn something. I know I sure have.

saltidog is a no nonsense kind of guy. If one comment is out of line in his opinion he loves to jump on it. I don't post much at all but when I did a few months back he jumped all over me to. We eventually got yelled at by a mod as I'm sure there might be the same outcome here to. I've shown restraint in other posts I've read by him but I don't think he has that ability nor a sense of humor.

and this comes from the other person who gave oh so helpful info in the thread too :rolleyes:
And you contributed what other than your usual poke at Dish??? We were advising not to exacerbate a situation that does not merit it, nor will change. Delete and forget it. Simple. Don't get hung up on the small stuff. Advice I will give again and again.

saltidog (sic) is a no nonsense kind of guy. ....
In May you hijacked a thread that a few of us were trying to help in and when called on it you went Postal. I'm sorry to see that you felt it necessary to come to this thread and contribute absolutely nothing except another personal attack.

And you contributed what other than your usual poke at Dish??? We were advising not to exacerbate a situation that does not merit it, nor will change. Delete and forget it. Simple. Don't get hung up on the small stuff. Advice I will give again and again.
And you can't even create an "Ignore List" and add his name to it because he is a "Staff Member." ;)

Another great example of your stupidity ....

Careful before you defend someone .... KAB's contribution was a smart remark (Seriously? No offense, Patrick, but $200.00 to go across a room? The OP needs to stop being lazy and get creative on how to run an friggin' HDMI cable.) That certainly was sound advice for sure but is was not helpful and it actually was incorrect on two counts.

Another member did come forward with a very good product and of course yours truly (YOU) come along and defend this sort of stupidity .... a sad day for you. I think you're looking for an argument or just a way to be a general jerk.

What Matt G posted was incorrect and did not address the initial question as far as I can see. It occurs to me if you're going to post something "official" that you should be correct. Perhaps if you can, read it and get back to us where it says this practice is OK.

Surely a smart guy like you can read a full sentenance and understand what it means in the context of the paragraph .... maybe not in your case. Taking out words and phrases to fit your argument is grade school stuff.
You attack KAB and get called on it and you (try to) attack me? lol :rolleyes:

Here's an earlier thread that you started because you did not like the answers received in an earlier thread. You again attack KAB repeatedly when he initially gave you good solid advice. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne.../247560-can-hd-dish-signal-sent-wireless.html

Then immediately above (Post #17) you attack or rebuke Matt G who has posted a reference that apparently you are unable to understand? lol
("DISH Network may, through periodic downloads, ... provide data and content to PVR/DVR products ... ")

Another great example of your stupidity ....

... I think you're looking for an argument or just a way to be a general jerk.

What Matt G posted was incorrect and did not address the initial question as far as I can see. It occurs to me if you're going to post something "official" that you should be correct. Perhaps if you can, read it and get back to us where it says this practice is OK.

Surely a smart guy like you can read a full sentenance(sic) and understand what it means in the context of the paragraph .... maybe not in your case. ...
Nice job of steering away from the personal attacks. Your mother must be proud.

I did post above for you above where the Terms of Service that Matt G posted allow the content to be recorded, but I'll try again. (The bold is added.)

""DISH Network may, through periodic downloads, ... provide data and content to PVR/DVR products ... "

I trust that will help you, but likely open me to another personal attack...

You have a nice day.

Cant we all just get along.There is more crap happening in this world then to worry about Dish using a small space on your DVR.Our country is in worse shape then it has ever been.

Wow, i just literally read all this stuff. Apparently the icon on the website is wrong. Not such FRIENDLY forums.

More drama on here than daytime tv.

What Matt G posted was incorrect and did not address the initial question as far as I can see. It occurs to me if you're going to post something "official" that you should be correct. ...
I guess that you are right. As you suggest, we've come to expect more from the DIRT team.

Last edited:
dare2be said:
I'm not upset. It was just a curiosity question to add to the original topic.

Didn't mean to suggest u were upset. I too think they r a pain bit they don't interfer with timers or anything else so when I see them I delete and im done.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Sometimes im amazed at the number of posts a topic as mundane (no offense to the OP) such as this will get.
Before anyone jumps in I know that everyone has different tollerances for BS and frankly this recording of ads is BS...but it is what it is and since it is provider marketing I wouldn't expect there to be a way to stop it.
I do seem to recall that if you delete the timer before the DL occurs it will show up again at least that has happened to me...might not be the same for everyone

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

someone mentioned that let it record then delete it...to which I mentioned he already had done that. I was trying to help and maybe someone else had advice on it (and not a smart ass remark) :)

The only way to prevent these recordings from actually recording is to "skip" the timer in advance rather than "delete" the timer in advance. When it's deleted it'll just come right back. If it's skipped, then it won't.

As for MattG, cut him some slack, that is the ONLY time I've ever seen him make a mistake. So I say we cut him some slack. Most of your usual CSRs give incorrect information practically any time they open their mouths. He (and all the other DIRT members) has been a great asset to these forums. I always come to the DIRT team first before I even remotely think about calling 333-DISH or even using online chat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)