Why does E* want me to pay $200 to get a 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nmoulton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Webster NY
I've been a good customer to E* since 2003. I currently have a 625 with the DVR Advantage Top200 package. My bill has never been late, and I currently have the autopay so it will never be late. I almost never have a service call, the last time was in 2005 when they had to install a new dish. So why do they want to charge me $200 to upgrade to a 722 and add HD service. I keep hearing other people getting much better deals, paying $100 or less. But for me it's $200, and its the same whether I go on the website, chat on the web, or call a CSR and ask for a better deal. "Sorry sir, $200 is the best current deal we can give you"

Am I justified to feel a little put off by this $200 deal? Any thoughts on what could I do to get a better deal?

-Norm

Boy you must hate me. But after reading this I went to the website to see what was listed under upgrdes and saw a price of $125.00 installed. I would try writing to ceo@echostar.com to see if they will at the very least give you that.

Geronimo, actually I hate you because of your other post a few minutes ago that said E* just GAVE you a 722 for free on your doorstep!

No, I really don't hate you, but you are helping to make my point. :)

I just checked the site, and as Geronimo said, $125.00 installed. Tell them to look it up.

On the website, it is called a Dish It Up offer that I'm getting for $200.

By the way, I should mention in case you wonder, I'm NOT currently in any 18 or 24 month contract.

I just checked the site, and as Geronimo said, $125.00 installed. Tell them to look it up.

Okay, I'll play CSR roulette and see what happens. In the mean time, count me as one of the people who owns an HDTV but doesn't have any HD source material. (I just got the TV last week.)

On the website, it is called a Dish It Up offer that I'm getting for $200.

By the way, I should mention in case you wonder, I'm NOT currently in any 18 or 24 month contract.

Perhaps it varies by sub. But when i go to my account then xlick on equipment there isa link to upgrade offers and it tells me I can get one for $125 installed----it also provides a number to call.

here is the link. See what you get. https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processEquipmentUpgrades.do

the number BTW is 1-888-884-2741.

Here is a cut and paste of what I see.

HD DVR
Two Rooms of Service
(or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV)
Award Winning!
High Definition DVR Receiver
$100 Installed
Enhanced High Definition DVR Receiver
$125 Installed
One Room of Service
$75 Installed
Shipped HD DVRs subject to certain restrictions

When I click on the enhanced DVR discussion it gives me specs for the 722.

BTW this does make my other thread even more mind boggling. It is ironic that we posted within 10 minutes of each other.

It's supposed to be $75 for the 722 and $50 for installation for a total of $125. Are you sure they aren't adding in the programming package costs in the quote?

That would actually almost make sense. no wonder I did not think of it.

I called the other day to take a non-functional 510 off my account and while on the phone asked about the cost of an upgrade to a 722 - adding one, not replacing a receiver - and was told $125 total. Thinking about doing it at the end of my next billing cyle, else I get charged twice. I was hoping they would offer one either cheaper or free in order to keep churn down. I'm three months past the end of my 18 month lease.

It could be because he has a 625 that his DIU cost is higher. I looked up my cost for a 722 and it said, "$75, installed" but I have a 622 that is 15 months old.

It does vary by customer (I pay around $140/month).

For my to upgrade from a 622 to a 722 was 75 and a 2-yr commitment. It may also be different depending on what you're upgrading from.

Mine shows I can get $125 installed for a 722, and I just did a DIU upgrade for a 722 in January. Isn't it supposed to be one DIU upgrade per 12 months?

It'll be $75 for the 722 upgrade if you already have HD and are replacing an older receiver, or if no previous HD, if you already have dishes and lnbs pointing at the right sats, and you can sweet talk them into a self-install. Usually they want to install if you're upgrading to HD service.

Perhaps it varies by sub. But when i go to my account then xlick on equipment there isa link to upgrade offers and it tells me I can get one for $125 installed----it also provides a number to call.

here is the link. See what you get. https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processEquipmentUpgrades.do

the number BTW is 1-888-884-2741.

Here is a cut and paste of what I see.

HD DVR
Two Rooms of Service
Award Winning!
$100 Installed
$125 Installed
One Room of Service
$75 Installed

When I click on the enhanced DVR discussion it gives me specs for the 722.

BTW this does make my other thread even more mind boggling. It is ironic that we posted within 10 minutes of each other.

Okay, I just went to the same link, and here is a copy/paste of what I see:

HD DVR
Two Rooms of Service
Award Winning!
$150 Installed
$200 Installed
One Room of Service
$100 Installed

And I previously confirmed with the Dish rep via chat that "High Definition DVR Receiver" = 622 and "Enhanced High Definition DVR Receiver" = 722.

So I guess I'm on the naughty list. But why??? :-(

So I guess I'm on the naughty list. But why??? :-(

What actual dish do you have? They have that in their system and are probably including the replacement dish install in the costs. I know when I activated my purchased 622, they wanted to charge me for a Dish install which I had already taken care of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)