why does my system reset every 4 hours?

gothmother

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Green garden, Illinois
my son used to work for dish and he has no idea...previous receiver had to be replaced because it did the same thing and then the hard drive died. this is a new receiver (less than 6 months old) almost every day, it will freeze up at the same time (2:02am and pm, 6:02 am and pm, 10:02 am and pm) wires and cables are all intact, unit not overheated, will do it with or without the external hard drive hooked on. it is getting real annoying especially if dvr'ing an event or a show you really waited to watch. HELP!!! :confused:

What receiver model do you have? How long ago was the receiver replaced, and have we ever sent a tech out to check your install? Have you tried plugging the receiver into a different outlet, bypassing any sort of power strip/surge protector?

Will you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number?

Is it resetting or just going into standby mode? If its standby, then there is a setting where you can disable it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Menu/Prefrences/Updates Please set the number of hours before the receiver goes into standby Disable|4 hrs|5 hrs|6hrs|7hrs|8hrs

The 722's come with a default of 4 hrs until they goe into standby and you see the message to press SELECT.

Just an FYI ... there's also been a case where people disconnect their receiver's ethernet / internet connection, and their reboot stops. One person went through and issued a reboot through Dish Online or Dish Remote Access, and their "Auto Boot" stopped happening for a couple of days..

So as another option... if the receiver is connected to the network/internet .. disable the connection and see if the reboots stop. If so, then you're probably getting a reboot command coming to you from Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)