Why doesn’t a DTV subscription give you access to directv stream?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And if your talking about throwing in stuff you should also mention the wireless cos throwing in streaming/OTT platforms ..

Like tmobile (netflix on us and Paramount +)
ATT wireless (hbo max ?)
Vzw (disnsy + , espn +, discovery + ...)

Again select plans...

In your own house on their internet
I dont understand...

In my house (home wifi) I can view the DirecTV app and view all channels and whats on dvr

Same with most cable/telco ...

What are you saying is different on cable co??

I dont understand...

In my house (home wifi) I can view the DirecTV app and view all channels and whats on dvr

Same with most cable/telco ...

What are you saying is different on cable co??
Comparing sat/ cable to netflix etc

What cable co throws in streaming? Besides the same "tv everywhere " + app concept

And not counting peacock

Well you could say cable/telcos users can create sub account log ins so for other users in the house they don't have to use the primary/billing log in ... the sub log in is only for "tv everywhere/wifi etc

Well I think D* subs on att billing can also make sub account logins but im in legacy D* billing ...
Spectrum has an app, that can be used for streaming on your AppleTV, Roku, Firestick etc.

Reactions: RobertSM
I was comparing netflix etc to cable/ satellite streaming....with cable you are paying for internet so they can throw in streaming
Yes..i was comparing netflix to cable streaming...netflix allows multiple logons...cable not so much...netflix uses other companies facilities...cable has to pay more employees...and fix things...i would call it different
OP's post had nothing to do with Netflix or anything else. OP was asking why DirecTV doesn't offer access to DirecTV stream, akin to what Spectrum does.

And if your talking about throwing in stuff you should also mention the wireless cos throwing in streaming/OTT platforms ..

Like tmobile (netflix on us and Paramount +)
ATT wireless (hbo max ?)
Vzw (disnsy + , espn +, discovery + ...)

Again select plans...
Some are "Thrown In", my Verizon account has that Disney package, but I still have to pay more on my bill for it ($10 I think) ....

Reactions: dtv757
OP's post had nothing to do with Netflix or anything else. OP was asking why DirecTV doesn't offer access to DirecTV stream, akin to what Spectrum does.
Because they dont want to

Spectrum charges you for internet and tv..that means more profit

Directv doesn't usually include internet..so you cant stream

Because they dont want to

Spectrum charges you for internet and tv..that means more profit

Directv doesn't usually include internet..so you cant stream
"They don't want to" is the correct answer. OP was inquiring why. "They don't want to" is also a poor strategy given their competition and when they refuse to include an App to be used on streaming devices. We all know the answer to that one, they do not what to give up on exorbitant monthly equipment fees and "selling" the same DVR's they've sold over and over and over.

"They don't want to" is the correct answer. OP was inquiring why. "They don't want to" is also a poor strategy given their competition and when they refuse to include an App to be used on streaming devices. We all know the answer to that one, they do not what to give up on exorbitant monthly equipment fees and "selling" the same DVR's they've sold over and over and over.
Not really...they hammer you for internet...you should get something...the whole point of a business strategy is to make money

Reactions: John2021
Both Comcast and Charter. The two largest cable companies in the country accounting for a majority of cable subscribers in the US
Are you talking about xfinity stream ?

That's the same as the DirecTV app

They may allow more channels outside of home but its the same .

Xfinity "stream" is a re name of there "tv /tv everywhere " app .

Its like if fios re named their tv app "stream"
Its the same its a tv app to go with your tv subscription.

Both Comcast and Charter. The two largest cable companies in the country accounting for a majority of cable subscribers in the US
Are you talking about xfinity stream ?

That's the same as the DirecTV app

They may allow more channels outside of home but its the same .

Xfinity "stream" is a re name of there "tv /tv everywhere " app .

Its like if fios re named their tv app "stream"
Its the same its a tv app to go with your tv subscription.
It has nothing to do with TV Everywhere, basically it turns your Roku type device into a cable box without the charge for a box.

You get a guide, pause, Rew and FF, just like a regular cable box, my step father has it back in Michigan, works good.

Each provider has a mobile TV app ..

Xfinity - (the tv app is called "Stream" )

Spectrum- (tv app is Spectrum tv)

fios tv

Altice

cox -

DirecTV

Dish

the only small difference is some of these are available on Amazon /Roku app store ..

It has nothing to do with TV Everywhere, basically it turns your Roku type device into a cable box without the charge for a box.

You get a guide, pause, Rew and FF, just like a regular cable box, my step father has it back in Michigan, works good.

yea fios has that too..

D* had this before it was apps select HD/4K TVs had a built in "DirecTV Ready" turner.. (RVU)

Reactions: Jimbo
so what your saying is you want TPG (the new D* owners) to make the DirecTV app avaialble for streaming devices ..

apple tv , amazon , roku etc..

cause thats what the other providers are doing ...

I kind of get what your saying now .. but its the same "TV app" just on Streaming devices..

and as I said D* had this before it was Apps ... with RVU tvs

a workaround is you could watch online and cast to your google chromecast ..

i can cast the DTV app on my phone to my t.v.. If i wanted to. I find it easier just to pay the 7.00 a month for another mini;). And so far i read alot are complaining about the DTV stream picture issues as well.

so what your saying is you want TPG (the new D* owners) to make the DirecTV app avaialble for streaming devices ..

apple tv , amazon , roku etc..

cause thats what the other providers are doing ...
I can see a streamiing app for a guest bedroom or the patio... But not for everyday use:).

I can see a streamiing app for a guest bedroom or the patio... But not for everyday use:).
Agree I dont uses all those streaming things except chromecast and I have Amazon only for for fox 4K..

But now I get what he was saying...

Last edited:
Reactions: John2021
i can cast the DTV app on my phone to my t.v.. If i wanted to. I find it easier just to pay the 7.00 a month for another mini;). And so far i read alot are complaining about the DTV stream picture issues as well.
No one complains about the Directv Stream PQ.. Where do you come up with this crap? The very broad consensus is the PQ is alot better than Directv.. Which makes sense because the Bit Rate is almost double

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)