Why doesn't my 625 turn "off"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Charade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
When I press the power off button it really doesn't turn off. The power light goes out but the screen has a moving message that says "Press "SELECT" to continue". When you press SELECT, it powers back on.

The receiver is always on, as its always downloading data in the backround (guide data, looking for software updates, etc) when you see the press select to continue the receiver is in stand by mode and is looking for this data which helps keep you box running. :)

The receiver is always on, as its always downloading data in the backround (guide data, looking for software updates, etc) when you see the press select to continue the receiver is in stand by mode and is looking for this data which helps keep you box running. :)

I know that it really never shuts off unless the power plug is pulled but my 510 would not do this and the power light would go out but I could hear it doing "stuff" while it was "off". The TV (if still on) would not display anything.

I'm not really worried about it but I thought I might be doing something wrong or have a setting wrong. I'm still getting used to the differences between my 510 and the 625.

If you let the 510 idle timeout you will get the same screen. You can get it to do it faster by leaving it on dishhome when you are done with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)