Why don't we have Longhorn Network yet?

If you are counting what the Cyclones have as a network then almost every university has their own channel. They may not all be dedicated to sports but they have a channel.

Unfortunately the Longhorn Network was one of the reasons the Big 12 fell apart - instead of a conference wide network that shared revenue among the schools and would probably generate more $$$ overall, they went with "every school for itself" where Texas eats like a king and the other schools get crumbs. Not a surprise that any school with enough clout to get a deal elsewhere (Mizzou, Nebraska, TAMU) left soon afterwards - only surprise is that OU and OK State didn't bolt as well.

Can't really blame Texas for taking money offered to them, but I also think a single school RSN is a bad idea.

I agree. I would rather see conferences follow the big 10s model instead of single schools. BTW just read that LHN goes live on dish network on may 28. Channel 407

A Texas insider on Twitter so it has to be fact lol. Take it for what you will

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Actually there shouldn't be any team or conference channels. Got enough distribution through all the regular sports and broadcast networks

Incorrect most games on conference networks were either web only, PPV, or part of a syndication package. Granted they could use the RSNs better but it's 2014 and there are still FBS games every week that aren't on TV or an IPTV provider (like ESPN3) conferences who have their own network can guarantee all football games on TV and look better to recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonder if the channel will be 24/7 HD or HD during games only like the other RSNs

Incorrect most games on conference networks were either web only, PPV, or part of a syndication package. Granted they could use the RSNs better but it's 2014 and there are still FBS games every week that aren't on TV or an IPTV provider (like ESPN3) conferences who have their own network can guarantee all football games on TV and look better to recruits.

So we need every game on tv so the 100 people interested in watching Southern University of Podunkville play Northern We Dont Care University out of the Nobody Knows Us Conference. I had ACC, SEC and Big East games every week on OTA along with Big 12, Big 10, Pac 12 and SEC national games. So now everyone has to pay not to watch channels with teams they don't care about, instead of the ones that want to watching it on PPV. If a game can't draw enough views through PPV then it doesn't need to be on TV.

I don't see the problem with having conference channels like these. Some schools are not big enough to bring in the money the large schools do so this is added revenue for them. It also gives them better national exposure. If you were an alum of the University of Indiana but lived in California I bet you would be happy you were able to get the Big Ten Network so you could watch their games.

It may not be very popular nationally but there are plenty of lees popular sports that people are able to watch now as well. College baseball and volleyball are two big sports that rarely get any exposure. The only argument I can see are for the people who can not afford pay TV and are no longer able to watch their team play as much because it's on the conference network.

Ideally, if Dish created apps for their settop boxes that would allow you to access these "channels" by way of broadband connections instead of satellite transponders, but did so in a way that was seamless to the users, it would solve a lot of problems for everyone.

You're counting cyclones.tv as a network? OU has the exact same thing and a deal with Fox Sports.

www.soonersports.tv is run by the same people as cyclones.tv and I never considered it an exclusive network. It is not on the scale of BYU and LHN

No. Cyclones.tv is an actual tv station on Mediacom in Iowa that is a 24 hour/7 day a week channel that is exclusively dedicated to Iowa State sports. It is a separate channel from Fox Sports Net. They also have an internet subscription LIKE soonersports.tv, but I am not talking about the internet subscription. I am talking about the actual TV channel.

So we need every game on tv so the 100 people interested in watching Southern University of Podunkville play Northern We Dont Care University out of the Nobody Knows Us Conference. I had ACC, SEC and Big East games every week on OTA along with Big 12, Big 10, Pac 12 and SEC national games. So now everyone has to pay not to watch channels with teams they don't care about, instead of the ones that want to watching it on PPV. If a game can't draw enough views through PPV then it doesn't need to be on TV.

I wouldn't expect a Big 12-2 fan to get it. Being a CUSA (AAC come July 1st) fan, I would've been ecstatic to be able to catch every game from ECU's conference mates (cause let's face it, we had no issue getting in TV).

AAC won't have that issue except 10ish% will be on espn3. That 10% plus the other sports on The American Network would appeal to me because ECU baseball has never gotten the TV exposure we have deserved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)