Why HUB and not Sprout?

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Hub is just a shill to sell Hasbro toys and show old (awful) cartoons (Jem?) and TV shows.

Why not actually add a channel that is educational and good for little kids to watch?

Last edited:
Hub is a rebranding of an existing channel (Discovery Kids) that Dish was already carrying. Dish has a good working relationship with Discovery and has nearly all their HD and SD channels. And, most importantly HUB is more than likely much less expensive than Sprout which costs more than Dish is willing to pay.

Hub is just a shill to sell Hasbro toys and show old (awful) cartoons (Jem?) and TV shows.

Why not actually add a channel that is educational and good for kids to watch?
???

There are already plenty of education channels like Discovery, History, History Internation, Science, etc... where kids can learn all sorts of educational things about ghosts, pawn shops, and how to make things explode.

???

There are already plenty of education channels like Discovery, History, History Internation, Science, etc... where kids can learn all sorts of educational things about ghosts, pawn shops, and how to make things explode.

Sad, isn't it. All those channels started off so good.

???

LOL!

My kids like the "game night" show, we have direct so it's in sd and is hard to watch. I think it's a nice add for dish

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Last edited:
I am happy for the Hub HD. Finally a 24/7 HD kids network. Nick HD & CN HD cut off with there kids programs too early and it seems to get earlier and earlier. If they want to show That's 70's show or Family Guy put them on there own channels not on so called kids networks at night. And yes I know many kids who are up past 9 o'clock.

Why not actually add a channel that is educational and good for little kids to watch?

???

Well then it seems a logical pairing.. show them commercials of stuff its ok to get and blow up like most hasbro toys.. :)

I never really watched the Hub until last night and found myself there enjoying what I was seeing... watched a few episodes of Family Ties and went to bed watch Batman. :)

This is a cool station!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I never really watched the Hub until last night and found myself there enjoying what I was seeing... watched a few episodes of Family Ties and went to bed watch Batman. :)

This is a cool station!

I think HD channels open the door to watch things we probably would not if it was not in HD

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Hey I like the Hub, shows original Batman series every night..

Sent with my rooted eVo using Tapatalk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts