Why is an NHL game in HD not available if you can get the SD broadcast?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Lackey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
I don't get it...I pay for the HD package with D* and yet I am not allowed to view the Predators vs Red Wings game on the HD channel [95] because it is being shown on our RSN SD channel?

What is wrong with this picture?? This is one of the things I really hate about D* and anyone else connected with the decision to withhold HD programming from me. :mad:

Do you have an 5 LNB MPEG4 HD setup?

Have you checked chnl 96?

What is your zip code?

Also FYI, DirecTV nor Dish Network decide who gets blacked or how/why or the market that claims you; that is in the hands of the leagues.

I see on hdsportsguide.com the game is:

11/10/2006 NHL Nashville Predators vs. Detroit Red Wings (Regional) 7:30 PM FSN D (720p)

Last edited:
Alan, tonights game on 95 is from the FSN-Detroit feed. It will be blacked out for you unless FSN-Detroit is your local RSN. If it is then 95 should be wide open to you.

The local affiliate, in most leagues, has the trump card over the national broadcast. Kinda like when you have the Sunday ticket and the local channel has the game it is blocked out on the ticket.

Charper....sorry...was not ignoring you. Got into watching Detroit own my Preds! :river

I guess I was just surprised that the rules/contracts/whatever would not allow you to watch the HD feed of a game you get in SD, however if the HD feed is the Detroit based broadcast I guess I can understand.

Just seems a shame that you don't get the option of choosing between the HD and SD feed.

And just for the record...Detroit looks every bit as good as they have in the last few years.

Thanks for the replies and my apologies for not responding sooner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)