Why is Channel 240 not on the Eastern Arc?

So why is it a public service channel? Is it because if you charged for it people on the EA would feel there being charged for a program that they don't get. Maybe the FTC might have something to say about it.

There are 350,000 customers in PR and the USVI who pay for programs we don't get. I don't see any apology coming from Dish for the delay in fixing this problem or you being anxious to fix it

So let me get this correct. This nonsense is about a shopping channel. I have been to Puerto Rico, they have shopping there. May I recommend Old San Juan.

Last edited:
Tampa8 said:
So let me get this correct. This nonsense is about a shopping channel. I have been to Puerto Rico, they have shopping there. May I recommend Old San Juan.

Old San Juan for shopping? What did you buy, a rain stick and an I Heart PR t-shirt

The PI channels must pay to get their signal to DISH, then DISH picks up the rest of the costs from there.

The channels are not paid by DISH nor do they pay DISH for coverage.
You need to read the PI terms for yourself. They are detailed (admittedly not very understandably) in Section 335 as I posted above. My reading says that PI's can charge a price of up to half the cost of delivery.

Channels that paid to be carried are another kettle of fish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts