Why is everything so blurrry?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jvmcdowe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Didn't get too many responses in the TV forum, so I thought I would through it out here since I am running Direct through it.

Just bought a Philips 32" LCD 32plf7332

I am not running HD, but still didn't expect the picture to be so fuzzy? Any controls I can manipulate to make it look like my 12 year old Philips 27"? I have it hooked up to my standard Direct TV through the s-video. It is very grainy in general, and blury during movement. What should I do?

First, try something else using the S-Video like a DVD player, and see what the picture looks like especially in action scenes.

LCD TV's do have more problems displaying action scenes than other TV's but it should not be as bad as you are reporting.

I have Dish, so does my wife's friend. My picture on my 42" Mitsubishi (professionanly tuned) looks great, her friend has a 32" LCD (don't know what company) and it looks worse. You would think mine was HD and hers SD, that much difference. However I have seen LCD tv's using Dishnetwork and they looked pretty good.

The only problems in action scenes on my three LCD TVs are caused by D*'s bitstarving.

One would need better source material before the TV limitations come into play.

Status
Please reply by conversation.