Why is HD not Selling Like It Should?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i have to agree about the price of sets my parents saved 3 newspapers form the challanger explosion in 86 it had the sales and prices of tv i was amazed the prices were exactly the same as they were nearly 20 years later for the same size tube tv . you gotta remember 1000 dollars today means something different then 1000 dollars twenty years ago and will be different again in twenty years
Just look at this from 1987[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJGOp6N98wY&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Big Screen Television Commercial 1987[/ame]

While many complain about the price of Satellite they should remember what a Television set cost back in the 1970's .

The reason for this was because of the electron gun in the crt and the high costs resulting from it. CRTs took large amounts of money to make into large screens.

The reason why we have the large screen explosions is due to the easier to make plasma and lcd screens.

The reason for this was because of the electron gun in the crt and the high costs resulting from it. CRTs took large amounts of money to make into large screens.

The reason why we have the large screen explosions is due to the easier to make plasma and lcd screens.

And the picture is so much better today . If you ever look at the sets from the 1970's and even the 1980's you would be surprised at what we thought was good back then.

i know most public places like sports pubs, restaurants that have flat screens don't have any HD channels displayed. I have noticed a little bit of snow at one big chain restaurant so i am assuming they have analog cable connected to their 52" tv.

I know my uncle had a 52" rear projection dlp tv that he had for two years using a standard def D12 directv receiver. He now has an HR-21 or 22 but honestly the HD does not look much better to me that the standard def with his setup.

I have recommended a roof top antenna to get some good digital over the air content but he is not interested

Hey I'm only 28 subscribe to the local newspaper, and I have a 42 inch HDTV and HD service. So your blaming the old people who still read newspapers is b.s. newspapers are usually the best source of news because they still have true investigative journalism, instead of just copying something someone else aired on their channel.

Hey I'm only 28 subscribe to the local newspaper, and I have a 42 inch HDTV and HD service. So your blaming the old people who still read newspapers is b.s. newspapers are usually the best source of news because they still have true investigative journalism, instead of just copying something someone else aired on their channel.

But anyone that works at a Newspaper will tell you the facts. The older generation is the main reason Newspapers are still around. The subscriber rate is not growing . They won't make it. And they won't be in 5 years or so. While a few younger people still read them, the majority of people your age don't . It's not BS. It's fact.

Why don't I read a newspaper? Because the internet gives me more then one source . And it's updated to the minute. Not only that, They make a mess in the house. The internet is the future. The Newspaper is part of the past. Even Magazines are in serious trouble

Tell you the facts?? Newspaper?? LOL. You mean between blaming video games for violent crimes, blaming corporations for the recession when idiots who were just as greedy and did sub prime crap share the same blame, and overall showing news that sensationalism, they have time them to investigate something?

CNN started the sensationalism. Ever heard of The CNN Effect? if not look it up. how is a bunch of blowhards like O'Reilly and Olbermann getting into a flame war called investigative journalism?

So what if they started it? If all the other idiots follow like lemmings then Cnn should just have a newscast where everyone point a gun to their head and shoots themselves.

Suddenly no issue of sensationalist news.

Hopefully the politicians would soon follow suit.

u mean the June 12 cutoff?

FYI digital TV is NOT always HD.

Yes the change to the cutoff date!
What would make the idiots in DC think that the people who could not get ready for the digital change over in THREE YEARS would be any more ready in THREE MONTHS?

Yes the change to the cutoff date!
What would make the idiots in DC think that the people who could not get ready for the digital change over in THREE YEARS would be any more ready in THREE MONTHS?

The same reason lobbyist bribe them for them to do anything.

They no longer do anything for the America people anymore. It's all a power grab.

Me free coupons? I have directv hd and charter hd. And my tvs, or the main ones, have atsc tuners.

Or do you mean 'free' coupons that the government gives in the sense of free being tax payer money, the same money use to pay off corrupt businesses?

Sports Pack is the biggest scam in the world. They claim you can get "extra teams" if you're not in their market but you can't unless you pay a huge fee for an out of market sports package. None of the non-RSN's belong on Sports Pack either. Come on D*, just get rid of it already!

Some of the blame has to go to the retailers who were selling HD "monitors" a few years ago and people thought they were getting a HD tuner (me included). Worse yet the salespersons for the most part had no idea what they were selling. The same goes for the satellite companies, and cable.

Then there was the confusing terms: SD, HD, HDTV, 60Hz, 120Hz, 720p, 10801, 1080p, analog, digital, dynamic contrast ratio, DVI, composite, component, s-video, HDMI, USB, response time, DLP, plasma, LCD, cathode ray, etc. etc. Also, I was told one giant cable company's current HD signal is not HD at all, but the customers have no clue.

The bottom line is that there is blame galore to spread around for this mess. HD seems to be here to stay; it's just a matter of time now until things get straightened out.

Some of the blame has to go to the retailers who were selling HD "monitors" a few years ago and people thought they were getting a HD tuner (me included). Worse yet the salespersons for the most part had no idea what they were selling. The same goes for the satellite companies, and cable.

Then there was the confusing terms: SD, HD, HDTV, 60Hz, 120Hz, 720p, 10801, 1080p, analog, digital, dynamic contrast ratio, DVI, composite, component, s-video, HDMI, USB, response time, DLP, plasma, LCD, cathode ray, etc. etc. Also, I was told one giant cable company's current HD signal is not HD at all, but the customers have no clue.

The bottom line is that there is blame galore to spread around for this mess. HD seems to be here to stay; it's just a matter of time now until things get straightened out.

That really wasn't a few years ago, that was closer to 2001/2002, and that was mainly the old crt hdtvs.

Which personally I wouldn't give up a crt hdtv no matter if it had a tuner or not. As much as I like the smallness of lcd the crt hds....

i know most public places like sports pubs, restaurants that have flat screens don't have any HD channels displayed. I have noticed a little bit of snow at one big chain restaurant so i am assuming they have analog cable connected to their 52" tv.
What is even more amazing, as I am watching the blurry stretched game on the flat screen at the bar, is that most of the viewers and the employees think they are watching HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)