Why is HD not Selling Like It Should?

What is even more amazing, as I am watching the blurry stretched game on the flat screen at the bar, is that most of the viewers and the employees think they are watching HD.
Majority of people are stupid and the numbers are climbing.:eek:
In fact the numbers are reaching epidemic proportions.:eek:

What's really ignorant is at stores that sell HDTV's that don't particularly specialize in electronics (Walmart / Sam's, Target, Meijer, ABC Warehouse even) always have some looped demo SD video on and most every TV is on stretch! As Jay Leno always says: "IDIOTS"!!!!

Here is a Best Buy Ad from March 2002 . Look at what you got for the prices. If I can ever find them I will post some Old Directv and Dish Network video . Remember the guy with the Satellite Dish on his head from Dish Network? The only one that is HD is the 54 inch one.

Attachments

• img086.jpg
    img086.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 144
So why is it so hard for people to learn about HDTV?

I agree, the biggest sale killer is what you see in the store. They have a string of TVs priced from $400 to $8000, and they all look alike with settings tweaked to the maximum and tuned to SD programming. Plasma sets are placed sideways along the aisle, so the first impression is that the picture is terrible. Surround sound is cranked up so loud, you'd have to be deaf to stick around. To quote my mom, "The volume is so loud, you can't see a thing." I know exactly what she means. :p

The digital transition has clouded distinctions between SD and HD. Channel Master put an "HDTV" label on their CECB, and Frys advertised "watch HDTV for free." A TV network had online FAQs about the DTV transition, with a guest writer from Best Buy. The guy kept writing HDTV when he meant DTV. If retailers can't keep it straight, how will the consumer?

Then there's what I see next door. Two neighbors have HDTVs, and my analog TV looks better than either one of them. I even saw one while a DVD was on, and it was unimpressive. Yes, it's quite possible I have never seen a properly set up HDTV showing HD programming.

The biggest incentive to replacing a TV early is the weight. People who are moving don't pay to move it, but now they can't even sell it for a decent price. Getting that 200# CRT up three flights of stairs was no problem when it was delivered new, but who wants to drive 100 miles round trip with a truckload of helpers. The thing is practically worthless, because it is too heavy. Moving is what will sell new TVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts