Why is the 922 so screwed up?

Got my replacement....I cant even get it to boot up.....looks kike another replacement......grrr:mad:
I replaced mine last week and it was not smooth. I could not get it past the initial start up and menu. A certain pop-up was not popping up. Called Dish and the CSR finally asked someone else. I did have a menu option to reset factory defaults. When I did that it booted up correctly, I did the steps and it was working. Left it alone for nearly 24 hours to get it's head right and it's working okay now.

I live in a rural location and fios isn't available-- so I love my 922 even with its flaws. I want my office iMac to be my "external" hard drive, so an apple tv will meet my living room requirement. I am loving watching all the actions taken by companies trying to leverage their business models to control my living room tv.

I am still learning. What is trick play? I didn't know that manual timers could be set with dish remote access. Why would I want to use manual timers? When do you think sling player mobile will sling to my iPad using the beautiful ui features instead of the virtual remote controls?

Has anyone else experienced that their old timers set on their 922 aren't being honored to record new only episodes of this fall's new episodes? To get them I end up having to delete the old new only timer, then record only this episode, then once recorded, re enter the new only timer--which seems to work as long as the episode is later than today?

I think "trick play" refers to being able to pause, rewind, and fast forward either live or recorded programming. Someone correct me if that's not what he's referring to.

I don't really mess around with manual timers, but some people like them to record a block of primetime programming so that you don't miss those 30 seconds of time that it takes for the reciever to stop a recording and innitiate another when you are recording a show back-to-back. This is a problem especially when networks offset their programming so then do not begin or end "on the hour".

iPad update should be coming "soon" as a lot of people here like to say. We got an update to the iPhone remote access app last week. Hopefully the iPad update should be any day now. For now, you can use that beautiful UI to control your TV1 output, set timers, and do searches. Panning through the huge program guide by touch is a really nice experience.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to ask there at the end. My "Only New" timers from last season have been working just fine even when some shows have changed time slots this season. Are you sure your timers aren't set to record all episodes instead of only new ones? Or maybe you need to look and see what your default record settings are?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)