Why is the Dish forum so much more popular than the DirecTV forum?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

klee

Original poster
Jul 5, 2004
I am a Satellite n00b and I am looking to get a system for my home in Fort Mohave Arizona....

I once had Dish Network in an apt. I rented in San Jose and I really liked it....

Would you say Dish would be a better value than DirecTV?

Dish seems cheaper and the programming choices look really great too...

How come between the DirecTV forum isn't more popular?

I would think that will the most customers, Direct TV would rule here, no?

Before this gets all sidetracked you have to evaluate your programming needs verses the offerings of both companies, in some cases Dish is cheaper and some DIRECTV. Cable is cheaper in some markets.

Dish is talked about a lot more because they have a lot more rumors. DIRECTV keeps a better lid on their upcomming plans.

...oh....and another thing....

I currently live in Laughlin Nevada, but I will be moving across the river to Fort Mohave Arizona in about 2 months....this is only about a 10-15min drive, but, of course, it is across a state line...

No big deal, right?

Well....the problem is....I plan on making a more permanent move to Las Vegas Nevada by Spring 2006 (going to buy a home) and I have no intrest in getting Pheonix local channels....I currently get Vegas locals(via cable) but will I still be able to get them in the Fort Mohave/Bullhead City AZ area?

DISH Network customers have a lot more problems with their equipment so they spend a lot more time complaining or searching for cures.

boba said:
DISH Network customers have a lot more problems with their equipment so they spend a lot more time complaining or searching for cures.

Nah, you just see more Dish customers complaining because DTV users haven't learned how to use the internet.

j/k

-DAMN! Let me in on the flaming!! I have had DirecTV for 6 of the last 7 years, there is a reason for that. I only had Dish one year. Honestly I am surprised that Dish has a forum ... most of the users I talk to can't read.

Anyway the first guy was right ... see what programming you "need" and make your decision based upon that. Honestly they are about one in the same. Dish has some better packages but you will only watch 15 channels even if you have 210 of them ... and there is STILL nothing on. That works BOTH ways, D* is no better.

That brings me to my next point, DirecTiVo makes the the Dish PVR look like a rock or paperweight.

A lot of D* subscribers are D* subs because of the NFL Sunday Ticket ... I would not count on having that on Dish in the next 10 years.

All that said .. it's your money pal, I would investigate what works best for YOU not for us :cool:

go with any provider--if you like it-fine.If you dont, you will always be a "1st time customer" with the other. being a 1st timer gets you good deals, so make sure you get all you can on each sign-up. !!!!!

If E* has the programming you want, and you'll stick with a receiver that's been out for a year or more, such as the 301 or 501/508/510 and maybe even the 721 then you'll probably be a happy camper. However, if you're looking at a 522/811 or 921 you might want to review this site and www.dbstalk.com to see all the post concerning these boxes so you know what you might be getting into.

If you're interested in HD then you might want to wait a couple of months to see what happens on that front. D* has publicly said they will be adding more HD content this year so it might be worth the wait.

To answer the locals question, right now Dish and DirecTV have no choice in what local channels they can offer you. If you live in Northern Arizona, you are only eligible to get Phoenix TV stations since that is the TV Market in which you reside. You could "move" to Nevada! :)

See ya
Tony

boba said:

Actually, most of the complaining seems to come from the non-Dish customers. :)

People honing their Charlie bashing skills and techniques in advance of the Summer Olympics, it is demonstration sport this time around.

boba said:

I hate to say it, but in my case that's mostly accurate. I used to spend hours in forums trying to keep my Dishplayer 7200 going (or group crying with the other abused Dishplayer owners) and, after that, hoping to get some good news on the (then) upcoming 522 and my upcoming locals.

After I switched to DirecTV/DirecTivos and sold the Dishplayer on Ebay I very rarely need to access any DBS-related forum... my gear just keeps working fine and I'm not drooling over some new-but-not-fully-debugged-or-featured Dish DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)