Why is there no Hopper 3 specific user manual?

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
The installer left the two pamphlets with very limited information that were packed in the Hopper 3 box.

The online Hopper manuals are dated 2013 and contain much incorrect information.

Is an updated Hopper 3 specific manual planned?

The online Hopper manuals are dated 2013 and contain much incorrect information.
There's zero reason to use the manuals for the Hopper 1 and 2 thinking they may be applicable to the Hopper 3.

Is an updated Hopper 3 specific manual planned?
Only Dish can answer that, but if a product is released without a user manual at launch, I'd suspect there isn't one coming later.... Could be a variety of reasons, including the one navychop indicates, as well as something like the software was changing too much and too fast to be accurately documented.

manuals.png

Maybe just a 'supplement' to handle the upgrade to Sling. But with H3 there are enough differences just in how menus LOOK that warrants a more comprehensive guide.
But considering the on-going changes I can see waiting a few months.

I just got my Hopper 3 and DISH installation yesterday and would a more comprehensive user manual. There are things Ricky the installer showed me that I have forgotten already. Maybe the manual is still in beta testing. One thing Ricky did tell me that Remote 50.0 will probably be out at the end of May first part of June. It goes into beta testing to the techs next month

I just got my Hopper 3 and DISH installation yesterday and would a more comprehensive user manual. There are things Ricky the installer showed me that I have forgotten already. Maybe the manual is still in beta testing. One thing Ricky did tell me that Remote 50.0 will probably be out at the end of May first part of June. It goes into beta testing to the techs next month

Channel 103 has a lot of Hopper information. Also, if you press and hold 'Info' anytime a help screen will appear for whatever screen you're on.

Channel 103 has a lot of Hopper information. Also, if you press and hold 'Info' anytime a help screen will appear for whatever screen you're on.
Yeap, it's just like software has been moving to for the past decade or longer - all "help" is online or built-in. The built-in help system is quite good too. Lots of tips on the new ways that many things are done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)