Why no 2nd HD-DVR?

You know I don't want to sound like a prick, but you people should be happy that your getting 1 HD DVR for FREE.

They already waived the $199 Upgrade charge on the first receiver, I think thats good enough considering the promotion.

The only thing I do dissagree with is that they should have a provision that if a customer wants to lease a 2nd HD DVR they should be able to pay $199 for the 2nd receiver instead of having to buy it for $499.

Claude,

I disagree with you... they did not waive the $199 Upgrade charge (actually a fee on a fee which should not be there in the first place, but that is another story!), they reduced it to $149 with a mail in $50 rebate. The other $100 MAIL IN PROGRAMMING rebate) is a one time programming discount for the first 10 months.

Wilson

Yeah..u can't lease more than 1 new 622 at a time. Its the Dish'n It Up policy...if its so important to you...go buy one.

You want them to give you 2 $500 boxes for free...and u can dump them in 18 months. Sounds like good policy to me.

Would D* give you 2 HD DVR boxes at one time for free?

actually you could get 2 even when they first came out. I did, but I think it has to do with previous circumstances. I had a 921 and 1 942 and got the same deal on both of the new 622's.

Dish clearly makes the determination on a case-by-case basis - my 2nd leased 622 was delivered and installed today after I sent an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com (after seeing this and related threads); I requested an exception to their max-4-tuner policy and received a call within 2 hours of the e-mail approving my request and informing me I was eligible for the $50 savings on the $149 upgrade fee. As a result, I am now running 2 622s and a 942, all leased. :D

FYI the 2nd 622 replaced an owned 211, which I'll put into storage for the time being.

Cheers,
Todd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts